“Wonderful food and dining experience!”
Review of Tarquino Restaurante - CLOSED

Tarquino Restaurante
Cuisines: Argentinean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Recoleta
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My husband and I went to Buenos Aires for five nights last month and spent our first evening dining at Tarquino. It is a beautiful serene restaurant, convenient to many of the hotels in Recoletta, and the food is exceptional. The whole experience was great and the service is also outstanding. Would highly recommend!

1  Thank Lisa H

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This restaurant is an unique and exquisite place in BA, the architecture, the interior design, the bar,the service and obviously the food make this place one of the best restaurants in the city.
Also they have an incredible wine list
This cozy place is highly recommened, you must eat meat there in any of the options they offer you , and for dessert please try their famous flan.

1  Thank Marcelo L
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Nice concept, but bizarre layout and decor with a menu fit for adventurous foodies, but not much for the rest of us.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I will preface this review by saying that my wife and I dine out a LOT. We previously lived in Buenos Aires for 8 years and I was always out and about dining out with my wife but also client dinners which I'd have several each and every week.

The last time I've been in this building where Tarquino was a few years ago when it was La Cabana (a steakhouse) that was very nice. The restaurant is dramatically different now! They changed into a VERY intimate almost "boutique" restaurant that is VERY cozy. There are only about 10 or 11 tables (probably no more than 35 or so seats) there so it's not a high volume type of place.

You walk down a marble corridor which the men at the front door will point you down and you come to the restaurant. There is another hallway which leads to the hotel upstairs. They put in a new boutique hotel with only 10 rooms. The restaurant is very small with a small wood paneled bar area to the restaurant which is in a greenhouse-like room. There were even two trees growing up to the top of the glass on top of the roof.

Just a unique place. The service was SUPERB! Better than any restaurant I've been to in Buenos Aires. Our waitress was constantly checking in on us.

The menu wasn't too big but the things they had were plenty to choose from. Their menu is on their website so I suggest a visit. http://www.tarquinorestaurante.com.ar/menu_eng.php

They start you out with this amazing "drink" which was totally unique. It was a cheese mousse that had bread scrums sprinkled in it mixed with bits of tomato and onions. And they gave you an olive on a spoon. She said it would taste like a pizza! And it sure did! You eat the olive which explodes in your mouth and you then drink/eat the drink and sure enough it tasted exactly like a pizza.

We got 2 appetizers to start. We got the tomato confit stuffed with pork (the pork was the most tender I've ever eaten...) Just amazing flavors mixing everything with the cheese sauce. My wife got the marinated whitefish. I tasted it and the flavors were GREAT but be warned it's raw fish. The fish isn't cooked so if you're not into cold raw fish probably best to skip this. My wife LOVED it.

Also, the homemade bread they bring out is amazing. Totally fresh and comes out piping hot. One was a sour dough loaf and the other was olive bread that was amazing. The only thing that would improve it is if they brought out some homemade butter with it. That would make it totally amazing as the breads were so yummy.

My wife got the Salmon and she absolutely LOVED it. Just be forewarned the portions are a bit on the small side here. The salmon was very small but my wife said it was some of the best salmon she has had and keep in mind we dine out quite a bit in our travels around the world.

I got the Escalopes de Lomo with the pumpkin foam. It was GREAT! Very tasty and the flavor combinations on the plate were amazing. The coating around the beef was perfect and it sealed in flavor and was very moist.

We shared the Chocolate Puff pastry with coffee ice cream and it was good. The pastry was a bit overcooked so it was a bit harder than I would have liked but we finished the plate so it couldn't have been that bad.. right? LOL.

The meal was fantastic! And honestly the prices aren't bad at all for this quality food. I don't think the prices are on the website so to give you an idea the Tomato appetizer is 100 pesos; Fish appetizer was 100 pesos (as were most of the appetizers around 100 - 130 pesos each). My wife's salmon was 180 pesos. My dish was 160 pesos. Cokes and bottled water were 40 pesos @. Desserts were around 100 pesos. The service was so good we left a 20%+ tip as our waitress certainly deserved it.

It was so great we booked to come back for dinner next week. This is an AMAZING restaurant and should be ranked much higher. Food quality is superb!

The only thing I'd suggest to the restaurant is to clean the top of the glass on the roof. I believe it just rained so probably they couldn't do it so soon but being about to see out would be amazing. Instead it was all dirty with dirt and debris. But that didn't take away from the dining experience. It was excellent and I highly recommend this place!

Also, I should note that booking was a BREEZE! They utilize an online reservations system with updated calendar so you can instantly book a reservation and you will get an immediate email confirmation. It's so wonderful. Booking some places like M Buenos Aires was a total pain. We emailed with no answer there as well as calling in 3 days never getting anyone to answer. More restaurants should utilize this service. Truly amazing!

3  Thank saintba
Reviewed March 22, 2013

One of the most amaizing colinar experience in our life, staff was great , the food was spectacular and very intresting
Very recommend !!!