“Classic Argentinian”

Neighborhood: San Nicolas
Belgrade, Serbia
“Classic Argentinian”
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

This is a 2nd year I comeback to this restaurant, they have amazing steaks or classic Argentinian bife de chorizo and bife de lomo.Also the pate they serve you as starter with bread it's very good homemade. The service might be a bit slow and if you don't speak some Spanish might be a bit difficult since all the waiters are old timers. Overall I like this restaurant because of the classic Argentinian dishes which is of course meat. If you are looking something upper scale this is not a place for you also the prices are very reasonable. For a good classic Argentinian dinner or steak this is a place to be.

New Haven, Connecticut
“Okay if last resort”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Would look elsewhere, service was poor. As a tourist they ignored us most of the time and the service was mediocre. Concerned about the cleanliness; the bathrooms were filthy and half of the table settings were dirty and we had to ask the waiter for clean glasses and dishes. Food was okay but not for the money..go down the street

• Visited December 2012
Holmdel, NJ
“had a nice late lunch here”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stay at Savoy, 5 mins walk from Pepito. The place next door, I wanted to go, was closed for lunch, so I settled at Pepito. Used Spanish only menu. But I can "navigate" well. Waiter did not speak any English.
Ordered mixed green salad and grilled kidneys and small bottle of Malbec.
All was nicely done, even lettuce was kinda sorted*.
Service was usual for busy weekend lunch: not overwhelming. But I was not in a hurry, so it was not a problem.
For deserts I've got newly discovered dish - lemon sorbet or lemon gelato in campaign.
Yammy.
Flashed with cafe cortado and went to take a nap.

* There is an issue with green salads in BsAs - so you know. Even at very expensive places they DO NOT bother to sort the greens. When you get your salad you have to pick out practically dead leaves. So, if you MUST have lettuce in your salad, be prepared to do some picking/sorting... No, it is not me being unlucky. It's my 3rd visit to BsAs in last 1.5 years and only eat out = good statistics.

• Visited October 2012
Halifax, Canada
“Poor quality steaks”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and I went for dinner Sunday evening. We picked this restaurant as it was close to our hotel, and it was raining heavily. We ordered the Bife Chorizo. The steaks were cooked OK but the quality of the meat was poor - more fat than lean and the potatoes/veg were way overcooked. Desert was nice and the service was OK. Perhaps other items on the menu are good, but there are dozens of restaurants in Buenos Aires that do better steaks than here.

• Visited October 2012
Brussels, Belgium
“Very good meat!”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Very good food. I had a bife de chorizo, which the Argentines would consider a tourist dish, but I enjoyed nevertheless. A bit more pricy than some of its neighbours, but definitely worth it.

Visited December 2011