“Great hotel in Buenos Aires”
Review of L'Hotel Palermo

L'Hotel Palermo
Ranked #25 of 444 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I get to travel the world in my business and I've stayed at the L'Hotel Palermo for 11 nights during 2 trips in the month of August while in Buenos Aires. This is one of the most enjoyable hotel stays I have had in any city. Superior service by the most friendly and personable staff (who all speak perfect English), quality accommodations with location to match. Very comfortable rooms in a great environment. Nice breakfast, free WiFi and many restaurants and boutique shops in the surrounding blocks all add to the very pleasant experience. When I return to BA, I will not hesitate to return to this charming hotel. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Take one of the larger rooms if you need a desk for work. The smaller rooms are perfect otherwise.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 1, 2012

This is a beautiful new hotel in a lovely garden setting. We found the location not as desirable as others say...it certainly is in a safe area and interesting shops, but it is a 20 min walk to the nearest subway to get to tourist attractions and the city etc..there are not that many restaurants around this hotel, but still plenty of cheaper eating places. Be aware of the noise to the rooms above the dining room..there is not door leading up the stairs to the rooms above and stairway noise can be irritating at night. The very helpful staff changed us to one of the suites which are bigger and quieter and away from the breakfast area.

Room Tip: Take a suite to ensure a good night's sleep and extra room
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Tucked on a side street one block from Plaza Serrano, right next to plenty of restaurants and boutiques, L'Hotel Palermo was a wonderful garden retreat in the city of Buenos Aires. My room was spotless, it was not large but who cares as I was only in it to sleep, and the bed and linens were quite comfy. I usually feel invisible at hotels but not here. I actually learned the names of several staff members: Lionel, Adrian, Santiago and Virginia because they were so helpful to me. They were pleasant and went out of their way to answer my questions and offer suggestions. I felt personally welcomed when I came in at night.

I went to Buenos Aires in their winter. It was sunny and brisk, beautiful walking weather. I also used the plentiful taxicabs - try to carry small bills.

The street markets, especially San Telmo on Sunday, were fantastic and fun. It was also interesting to see a number of places that were bars by night filled by day with racks of clothing, leather goods and jewelry. And by each rack was often the designer. I saw so much that was made in Argentina, even the china I ate from was made locally.

Buenos Aires is called the Paris of the southern hemisphere for good reason. Beautiful and urban, but more 'exotic' than Europe. Here, I did not find much translated to English. I went to 3 museums and 0 had English translations of their exhibits. I only ran into Americans in the most touristy of areas. But don't get me wrong, there were enough people that spoke English. Everyone was very hospitable. I had a great time and look forward to returning.

Tips:
-I paid the $160 country entry fee in cash, they required the bills not have a single mark!
-The hotel arranged a driver from/to the airport for me, this worked well
-Get odd amounts at ATMs so you have more small bills for taxis
-The taxis knew the name “Plaza Serrano”, it was confusing to say the other names
-The hotel free wi-fi was great, but I never did get the ‘Global Data Pkg’ for my smart phone to work, grrr, that was to be my phrasebook and translator
-To dial or text to the US from my cell, used 001 + area code + number
-Watch your step, they love their dogs but never pick up poop
-They pronounce the LL’s and Y’s of Spanish as an SH (quesadilla= kay sa dee sha)
-Yes, they START eating dinner at 10pm but you can find places open earlier

Besides the above, I enjoyed:
Cafes, steaks, many kinds of empanadas, dulce de leche
The Japanese Garden
Teatro Ciego (Theater of the Blind. I listened with my heart!)
Plaza de Mayo (sounded like “pla sa day my show”)
The Recoleta Cemetary
The A Train, a wooden subway car still in use
Palace of the Running Waters (Royal Doulton exterior, interior- world’s largest toilet collection)

I ran out of time and still needed to take in a
Tango Show
Graffiti Tour
Tigre Tour

Room Tip: My room faced the street so it had the expected city noises. Loved it.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank spot295
Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

Very Good place, Very Pretty, the ammenities are loccitane.
The breakfast is Very Good, with nespresso coffe!
I'll return as soon as possible!

1  Thank Francisco N
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Loved this hotel as this area is close to many restaurants, museums and parks. Although the room was small, the price was right and I loved coming back in the afternoon from sightseeing and sit in the garden with an espresso. Also they allowed us to stay a bit longer without charging us as our plane left at 7.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed there for almost three weeks during a business trip do Buenos Aires. At first we were a bit disappointed with the rooms (which aren't very spacious) and lack of proper restaurant (the hotel only serves breakfasts). It's all becomes really unimportant when, after a wander around Plaza Cortazar, you get back there, sit at the swimming pool in lovely garden (or on te roof, where there's a gorgious terrace) and hotel staff brings you an icy bucket with a bottle of Chardonnay. Altogether, boutique L'Hotel Palermo made our really busy and exhausting business trip a really joyful one. I'd love to come back again.

Room Tip: It's better to book rooms on higher levels.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Zofia S
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I wanted to love this hotel, but the location (great) is the best part. The lobby and courtyard are as charming as they appear online. The staff also is very helpful for superb restaurant recommendations and printing boarding passes. The room left a lot to be desired. The toilet ran constantly and loudly, the safe needed batteries, and the floor was not very clean. Even if all of those items had been good, the standard room is basic and the bathroom is small. We also were on the first floor and the stone walkway is less charming when you hear high heels and rolling luggage all of the time. I would not dissuade someone from staying here, but there may be better options.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple