“WOW!”

Neighborhood: Palermo
Indianapolis, Indiana
“WOW!”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

After spending two weeks in Argentina, this place was a welcome surprise. This restaurant could hold its own in any major culinary city in the world. I ate at the bar which also serves as a front row seat to the open kitchen. You can chat to the chefs while they whip up some of the best food I've had in a long time. Everything is done with precision, but not overly fussed over. The smoked butter (yes, smoked butter) is a revelation. This is a must for anyone spending anytime in Buenos Aires.

Little known fact is that all the chairs in the restaurant are post modern antiques personally curated by the owner. Ask to see the book...

• Visited November 2012

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best meal in B.A.”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Four of us dined in this lovely restaurant over the Christmas holiday. We were first to arrive and lucky enough to get our waiter's undivided attention. He spoke English fluently (thank goodness) and was well informed about both the menu and wine list. The food was wonderful - tasty and creatively presented. Now that I am back home and thinking about our trip it is easy to put this meal at the top of my list.

• Visited December 2012
“Best meal we had in BA. These guys are fantastic”
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We wandered down through Palermo not sure what we were going to find but as soon as we walked in we knew we were in for a treat. Fun decor and a fun little table waiting for us. Our waiter was incredibly helpful and essentially chose our food and wine for us. All local produce and fair to say this was our best meal and dining experience for our stay in BA. We'll be back next time we are in BA. We had such a fun night

Jacksonville Beach, Florida
“A MUST GO TO PLACE”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We showed up at 10:30pm and was treated like royalty by servers who wanted to practice their english, we normally felt that most Argentines gave the english speakers attitude like in France. Anyways we didn't reserve this but we were sat at the Chefs Table. The chef walked us through each item on the menu. Amazing food, maybe best in Buenos Aires and of course great wine selection. The creativity of the food with the retro interior design was a winner.

Visited December 2012
Adelaide, Australia
“Don't miss the opportunity to eat at the open kitchen”
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

TripAdvisor reviews sounded good to I decided to check out if I could get a table. As I was dining solo I was offered a seat at the open kitchen which I took up. This effectively meant I was served by the head chef. There is a small menu but that didn't make it easy to to make a section. After a chat with the chef I managed to reduce the list a little bit but it was still difficult to just make a selection, maybe they need a tasting menu :-) Having finally made a selection I got to watch the chefs at work and continued to wonder if I had made an optimal choice. No need to worry since when my selections arrived they were in fact wonderful, an interesting tomato gazpacho and then (what else but) a steak. Left it to the chef to determine how to cook and season it and as expected it arrived medium/rare. It was interesting to see how the kitchen coped when someone was clearly surprised by the rareness of the steak. The steak was returned to the charcoal and new vegetables prepared. The smoked potato mash was amazing. Also observed he chefs not being happy with a meal and doing it again before the servers got their hands on it rather than disappoint the customer.