“A MUST GO TO PLACE”

Cuisines: Argentinean
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Palermo
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We showed up at 10:30pm and was treated like royalty by servers who wanted to practice their english, we normally felt that most Argentines gave the english speakers attitude like in France. Anyways we didn't reserve this but we were sat at the Chefs Table. The chef walked us through each item on the menu. Amazing food, maybe best in Buenos Aires and of course great wine selection. The creativity of the food with the retro interior design was a winner.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews sounded good to I decided to check out if I could get a table. As I was dining solo I was offered a seat at the open kitchen which I took up. This effectively meant I was served by the head chef. There is a small menu but that didn't make it easy to to make a section. After a chat with the chef I managed to reduce the list a little bit but it was still difficult to just make a selection, maybe they need a tasting menu :-) Having finally made a selection I got to watch the chefs at work and continued to wonder if I had made an optimal choice. No need to worry since when my selections arrived they were in fact wonderful, an interesting tomato gazpacho and then (what else but) a steak. Left it to the chef to determine how to cook and season it and as expected it arrived medium/rare. It was interesting to see how the kitchen coped when someone was clearly surprised by the rareness of the steak. The steak was returned to the charcoal and new vegetables prepared. The smoked potato mash was amazing. Also observed he chefs not being happy with a meal and doing it again before the servers got their hands on it rather than disappoint the customer.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

I wanted something that wasn't a steakhouse for our last night in Buenos Aires and Unik delivered, A superior experience always starts with excellent breads and butter, and Unik did not dissapoint. I had the gazpacho which was probably the best i ever had, a combination of puréed and halved heirloom tomatoes with smoked burrata. My main was the lamb two ways, I was steered by the waitstaff toward the lamb over the fish, as they they ran out of the catch of the day by 11pm. My husband chose the cauliflower tempura and ribs. A well priced Malbec was our drink of choice. All plates and bottles were consumed. Service was attentive, and the experience memorable,.
The restaurant is in a dimly lit neighborhood, so it's not a neighborhood to stroll around after dinner,

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Fantastic food. We had the lamb which is to die for. The Ravioles de pollo very nice. For dessert try the Torta de chocolate humeda delicious. The waiters are very helpful with a good knowledge of the menu. Some speak english, french so no problem for tourist with doubts about the menu. The chef Fernando has managed a great menu full flavours. Many thanks

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Very surprised and impressed by this stylish restaurant in a scruffy side street in Palermo Soho. Lighting and seating all from different top class international designers. Great to see the five chefs working like mad in an open kitchen along one wall. Top class reception and multilingual service. Two delicious starters and the Patagonian lamb and a risotto dish as entrées. Excellent bottle of Cabernet Franc. Total bill 700 pesos including tip. B.A. not as cheap as it used to be, but this dining experience seemed good value for money.