“Nice hotel in a beautiful neighborhood”
Review of Pop Hotel

Pop Hotel
Ranked #100 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed March 8, 2014

The hotel is clean, modern, beautiful. It does not include breakfast but next to it there is a coffee shop with delicious breakfast. The pop hotel is very simple, it has a comfortable bed, air conditioner, bathroom, cable tv.
I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Bárbara B, Gerente at Pop Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Dear Romina,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Pop Hotel!
We really appreciate your comments.
We look forward to welcoming you and Bruno again soon!

There are newer reviews for Pop Hotel

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The hotel appears to have been recently renovated. The rooms are large, basic, very clean and modern. We got a very good rate and would definately stay here again if we were back in Buenos Aires. The neighbourhood seems generally quite and safe although a quick walk to the metro and a main road with many shops.

The view from the room is not spectacular but nice enough.

I should also mention that the staff were very nice and helpful.

We couldn't ask for a better stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear NorthernCDNTraveller,
Thank you so much for selecting Pop Hotel for your trip to Buenos Aires!
We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you soon!

Reviewed February 18, 2014

What an amazing hotel! I wanted a cheap hotel for my stay in BA but couldn't be a regular youth and go for a hostel so I found Pop Hotel and knew the minute I arrived that I'd chosen wisely!
Perfect room, great location and AMAZING staff at the front desk. The guys were all so helpful! We checked in three separate times and they let us leave a bag each time and we were able to have a late checkout on the last day before we came home to Australia. Very accommodating! The wifi worked the first day but then not for the rest of the week unless we stood in the hallway which was weird but on the next stay it worked perfectly! Almacen Purista the cafe down the street on the corner is amazing - the most amazing scrambled eggs and fresh juice I've ever had. Great stay!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Zoe D
Bárbara B, Gerente at Pop Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Zoe,
Thank you very much for your feedback and for your lovely words!
We work hard every day to make sure our guest receive an excellent service and enjoy their stay at Pop Hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you and Kelsi once again!

Reviewed February 8, 2014

When I walked into my room I had to check into my email to confirm what I had paid because the room was so good, I assumed I'd accidentally paid more than I'd planned to (I paid around $45USD/night).

This is a hotel that is set up for foreigners who speak English and want all of the classic standards that they might expect in say the USA from a chain hotel. If you're looking for something with more character, try a bed and breakfast or a sublet elsewhere, of which there are so many in BA. If you get really excited about having a flat screen TV, excellent air con, English-speaking staff and GOOD GOD they even let me have an iron in my room (everywhere else I stayed made me send my clothes to get ironed in their laundry) then this is the place for you.

The only other fresh info I think I could add to the other reviews is that the location is actually excellent. It's close to the classical Palermo attractions while allowing you access to the less expensive places that the locals go to. Also - really important - a five minute walk to the Subte station (the Subte is so easy to use and will get you to other parts of BA at a minuscule fraction of the cost of a taxi). It's a ten minute walk to the centre of Palermo Soho, that walk takes you through a lot of outlet clothing stores and past some lovely cafes.

The problem with Buenos Aires is that there are so many wonderful accommodation options to choose from!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Helen M
Bárbara B, Gerente at Pop Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear Helen,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review.
It gives us great joy to know you enjoyed your stay and the service provided.
We look forward to welcoming you back at POP Hotel!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

convienient hotel, well situated.
Special thanks goes to the guy's on the reception, they were fabulous !!
Rooms were ok, bed was nice, airco had a bit problems to keep the room cooled, but is was very hot outside as well

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Bárbara B, Gerente at Pop Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Dear Jean,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Pop Hotel!
We really appreciate your kind words about our staff.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed January 17, 2014

This hotel was just as described and pictured ie a very good hotel. We loved the location - general store next food very handy for essentials and Malbec! Next door the other side was a really nice cat for breakfast, I think it was called Mambo, and not expensive. Pop is also good for a 20 minute stroll to Palermo or 10 minutes or less to Malabia underground train station.
Quiet and safe area, this was ideal for our first days in South America.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CliffInForres

Dear Clifford,
Thank you so much for choosing Pop Hotel for your trip to Buenos Aires!
We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming Sue and you soon!

Reviewed January 11, 2014

We are just finishing our stay at Pop Hotel for 6 days or so and have been very impressed. When booking, we requested that we could have a corner room as we had read previous reviews that there was better wifi there, it was a strong signal. We initially booked 3 days, but were so impressed with the room that we booked three more, we stated that we could move room if necessary but they let us stay in the same place. One thing they could sort out is the mosquitoes, there are quite a few about, especially the lift and near the entrance.The (double) beds are big and comfortable, the rooms have great AC which is handy during this heat and are very clean. The cafe down the road Almacen Purista is nice and has great empanadas. The kettle is a plus, and we bought teabags at the shop next door. Shower is great, but as aforementioned by others, close the curtain fully otherwise the floor will get soaked. The staff have been incredibly helpful and speak very good English if needed. They are letting us store our bags here until we leave later today despite already checking out. I highly recommend this place and it is in a great spot to check out Palermo!

Room Tip: Choose a corner room, better wifi.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David5578

Dear David,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review about Pop Hotel!
It makes us very proud to know you enjoyed your stay and the service provided.
We look forward to welcome you and Lee once again!