“Comfy, clean, and affordable!”
Review of Pop Hotel

Pop Hotel
Ranked #96 of 445 Hotels in Buenos Aires
“Comfy, clean, and affordable!”
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Pop Hotel for 3 nights and found it to be perfect for my needs. Safe, clean, and comfortable; the room had a sink, mini fridge, and water kettle. Also, a safe and an electrical outlet suitable for American plugs, so I didn't need an adapter, but you just have to wiggle it a bit. It was very hot in Buenos Aires, and the AC in the room was just perfect. Also, the water pressure in the shower is outstanding; however, close the shower curtain before turning the water on, or you will get water all over the bathroom.

The location was great, very close to the outlets (if looking for leather goods I highly recommend Prune bags, only 3 blocks away), and hip Palermo. There is a supermarket next door and a nice cafe at the corner.

Ezequiel and the rest of the staff were really friendly, helpful, and highly professional. Thank you all for a wonderful stay!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nat_B_7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Gold Coast
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

It was so refreshing to walk in the lobby and have an English speaking person on reception who was helpful and friendly. Room was very cute and great size. Window looked over street and into apartments across the road. Located right in the outlet shopping area so if you want to buy clothing or shoes you are in the right area. It is a 10 block walk to the restaurant area of Palermo Soho. Free wifi available in your room. A great place to stay. Recommend that you do not eat at Ristretto across the road as awful food and service.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Yvettesaf
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed December 10, 2013

In my life, because I worked in exports , I travelled a lot and stayed also at the finest hotels in different parts of the Americas, Europe and Asia. Never before I felt at home like this time.
Now I am retired and old enough (81). I spent 12 days with my wife in Buenos Aires,for family reasons,at the hearth of the neighborough were I was born, You don't have to pay for 5 stars hotel to feel at home.
. Clean, quiet, family feelings, a bunch of young people running a place were you cannot feel that You are away from home, because they give You a real home with a smile and a good word.
If I have to complaint for something, may be will be the slow elevator, so slow, that a turttle will beat it at any race. But this is a technical problem that may be can be corrected.But from the leisure point of view, and specially for the human staff, they deserve any excellence prize. Miriam and David Manor

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank davmir2013
Joao Pessoa, PB
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Hotel simples, mas muito confortável. Não tem café da manhã, porém exitem restaurantes bem próximos a ele que servem um ótimo café, o Almacén Purista, por exemplo. Destaco a cama do quarto onde fiquei, grande e muito confortável, os quartos são amplos. O que não me agradou foi o chuveiro e a cortina de plástico do banheiro e também o fato de só ter uma tomada com adaptador no quarto, o que dificulta a comodidade em certos momentos. Gostei bastante do hotel, mas só um detalhe que vale salientar, ele não é central, então se for andar de táxi vai acabar saindo caro. Se quer um hotel próximo a pontos turísticos vai escolher o hotel errado, mas se quer um próximo aos outlets estará no lugar certo.

The Hotel is simple, but very comfortable. It does not serve breakfast, but there are nice restaurants around that do, Almacén Purista, for example. In the room I stayed I would highlight the bed that is big and very comfortable, the room was quite spacious. What did not please me was the shower and its plastic curtain and also the fact that there was only one plug with the adapter, which can be inconvenient. I really enjoyed my stay there! But there is something that is worth telling: the hotel is not central, so if you take taxis it may be expensive. If you want a hotel near tourist sites, Pop is not the one you should choose. However, if you want one near the outlets, that's the one.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Montevideo, Uruguay
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I spent three days in this hotel and my experience was NO good
Firtst of all I must tell that it is a three stars hotel according to others that I visited in Buenos Aires
The location is good if you are thinking of staying in this trendy neighbourhood
The price is correct
But when it comes to cleaning I was very dissapointed
The worst thing to me was the towels
There's an advice in the room that tells they don't change towels daily but they never give you the option of using them many times or not
When I asked to the staff if they could change them I was answered in a bad way telling me that they change towels each 3(THREE) days!!
I would like to remark that the weather was so hot that you need a shower at leadt twice a day
Last but not least the principal of the staff told me that if I want a clean one i have to pay for it
So I said ok I will and they sent me half an hour later 2 towels with big holes in both of then
Was it a joke?
For me it was desgusting
I would like to say thanks to Tripadvisor because I always visit it seat when I travel all around the world

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Bárbara B, Gerente at Pop Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear Sara,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments, this is very valuable for us, as we believe it is a great opportunity to keep improving every day. I am sorry we did not reach your expectations.
As you mention that we are “a three star hotel according to others”, we never mention that we are anything but that, we always emphasize on being a “Budget” hotel, and our low rates (you can book for 20 USD + tax per person with our special promos) do show that.
I am sorry you were not satisfied with our cleaning service. We do specially emphasize on this service, we will make sure to revise our processes so that this is improved if needed.
Our low cost and environment care policies include among others, that we do not change towels every day, as it is informed in all the rooms. Anyway, we do understand that some guests may want to use more towels that is why we do offer to change them but at an additional cost. I do deeply apologize if you received towels with holes in them, we would have appreciated you telling that in reception the moment it happened as it is not in our standards to provide broken towels to our guests.
Once again, we appreciate your comments and we are sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us.
Best regards,

Bárbara Böttcher
San Francisco, California
Reviewed December 1, 2013

After an awful stay at the Wilton Hotel, I switched my booking to the Pop Hotel based on the reviews I found on here. The hotel did not disappoint! The bed was so comfortable, the room was HUGE (at least twice the size of my studio in San Francisco), I had 3 windows (2 with beautiful views), and I even had a sink, coffee maker, and refrigerator. Even though I was on the second floor by the street, I slept very well, so I am not sure why other people have complained about that. There are also many restaurants and great shopping in the area.

The only downsides were: the WiFi was AWFUL. Luckily, I was on the second floor in a room above a cafe and I got the cafe's WiFi password, so I was able to use theirs. They do not clean or replace your towels, even if you ask, and the cleaning service seemed hit or miss (I left my room at 11am one day and came back at 5pm, with the sign saying "please clean" on my door, but no one had been inside. When they did clean my room, they did not replace all of the toiletries I used). The reviews are all right - it is IMPOSSIBLE to take a shower without making the entire floor wet. Also, the hotel reception, although trying to be helpful, was not very - I wanted to catch a U.S. basketball game, but the receptionist had NO idea where I should go and did not attempt to find out. After the rave reviews about reception, I expected better.

The neighborhood was just decent and not where you should stay if you want to party and don't feel like taking a cab ride, but I would definitely stay here again. Request a room on the corner, if you can! They are much bigger (at least, it seemed that way after looking into other rooms).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ZonaCatHoops
Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Reviewed November 24, 2013

The employees speak good English and are eager to help you out.
I didn't know the check-in started at 3 p.m. and they looked after my luggage while I was away waiting for the room to be ready.
We could sleep very well and staff didn't disturb us. The room had an eletric kettle from which we could warm water and make some tea or instant coffee. It was nice.

Room Tip: Remember to put the curtains down or the neighbours of the opposite building may look into your room...