“Safe,clean,friendly service:)”

Ranked #101 of 445 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Oslo, Norway
“Safe,clean,friendly service:)”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Welcomed by friendly service,and checked in fast.front desk helped me with questions like best place to eat close,can I drink tap water and I got map over baires,excellent service.Room had good space,comfortable bed,tea water heater,aircondition,refrigerator and more.Internet connection was faster close to the exit door to the room,the further inside room the slower,in the bed it was too slow.room windows let in some sounds from outside.Hotel was close to el subte(subway) a easy way to travel in baires.next to hotel was supermarket with all you can need,5 minutes walk a good place to eat,10 minutes to subte.Best:service was great Worst:no toilet brush

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MPnr1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Before my friends and I arrived in Buenos Aires, I've sent the hotel staffs a few emails about booking us a package to the Iguazu Falls. They've been super helpful with professional advises. I loved them even more when we actually arrived. They also arranged a tango night for us. They suggested the best restaurants in the neigbourhood. The rooms are very modern and unique. The neighbourhood is safe and trendy. I will definitely stay there again when I go back to Buenos Aires!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Thomas T
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I spent 2 nights here to start off my stay in Argentina. This was a great choice to try and get over the jet lag. The room was comfortable, quiet, great a/c and an awesome bed. The staff were very friendly, spoke good English and were very helpful. Pop is great value for money, especially if you're splitting the room cost with another person - it works out to be slightly more expensive than the cost of a hostel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank joshdub89
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 12, 2013

This hotel is nice and clean, in a small colorful new modern elevator building in a residential neighborhood surrounded by outlet stores. The hotel and location was perfect for me since this was my third trip to BA and I had already stayed downtown before. The room was large with a big double paned window facing the street (#109) with a king size bed, flatscreen tv, desk, alarm with ipod dock, and toiletries. The Pressure btw in the shower is glorious and maybe that's why some of it ends up on the floor but I just put the towel down and that soaked it up. The hotel is about 10 blocks from Palermo, and about 20 mins by subte on the Red Line from Florida Street downtown. It only costs AR 2.50 (50 cents) per ride and you can buy several rides at a time. The stop is Malabia, which puts you on the corner with Corrientes. To get to the hotel you just walk up two blocks up and then over two blocks on Gurruchaga towards Juan Ramirez de Velasco. The hotel is right on the corner. There's a really good restaurant down the street on Gurruchago, Cantina. They open at 9pm and by 9;15 its packed! Wonderful food. But there are many places to eat the closer you get to Palermo and the square walking along Gurruchaga. One other tip, if you are traveling alone, you might as well take the shuttle from the airport run by Mauuel de Tienda bus comapny. The one way cost to downtown BA is AR $75. Once you get to their downtown terminal they switch you to cabs. Altoghether it cost me AR 90 to get to the hotel. They dropped me on the corner of Cordoba and Gurruchaga and I walked the few blocks over to Pop hotel. I really enjoyed my stay here. The reception desk was always friendly and informative. They seemed to go out of their way to answer questions and give suggestions. Who can blame them? At night the area looks desolate and to find food you do have to walk mostly out of the area towards Palermo. In the morning my favorite cafe was called Krok, across the street. They made the best Capuccino and I preferred their croissants. Everywhere you go they have wifi!

Room Tip: I had room 109 which faced Gurruchaga! I liked it!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank olofhermelin
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We booked here for 2 days in januari and we liked it so much that we booked the last week of our holliday there as well.
Spacious, light, basic and clean room. Friendly and helpfull staff and located in a nice neighbourhood.
When we go back to BA we will stay there again.

Room Tip: Room 311 was really nice!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed February 20, 2013

not much of a pop theme anywhere. rooms are large and minimalistic/functional. considering the new construction windows and doors are poorly insulated, so noise levels can be high. had trouble with leaky AC dripping water all over the floor. issue was not addressed during the stay.

hotel location is questionable as villa crespo is just a bit too far on at the fringes of BA. subway close by though. no breakfast/restaurant on site but coffee shop in same building with nice bakery nearby. also convenient supermercado and laundry services next door.

in summary, good value for basic settings with no services to speak of.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank KlausMaus139
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My partner and I recently stayed at Pop hotel. We found the place very clean, quite and modern. No huge bells and whistles, but it has everything you need. Location is pretty good. Close to the metro and a 10-15 minute walk to the key areas of Palermo.
The staff were really helpful in providing tips and recommendations. I also lost my cell phone, and Guillermo (at the front desk) spent so much time trying to help me locate it. I really appreciated how willing he was to go above and beyond to help me - particularly considering my Spanish was lacking and there was no way I could have made all the telephone calls that he did. Although I didn't get my phone back, Guillermo really tried. Thanks anyways Guillermo!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple