Tripadvisor

from $210.00
from $30.00
from $130.00
More Info
All reviews learn spanish spanish school group classes spent weeks great school great learning great place to learn social aspect taking spanish lessons three weeks registration fee class sizes are small social atmosphere native tongue improved significantly fellow students learning experience
Selected filters
Reviewed January 1, 2020

When I was searching for spanish schools in Buenos Aires I was overwhelmed with the amount of options available. I did my research and discovered that many of these schools are agencies without an actual building. I then decided to visit a few schools before making my decision. What I discovered is that in the end the only two serious schools that are recognised by the city and that have proper facilities and qualified staff. One is Expanish and the other is Vamos Spanish Academy. I enrolled for one week at the first. Had a good experience but found that there are way to many students packed in one classroom (about 10). Also it was a bit too far from Recoleta. After that I signed for one week at Vamos academy. Here, classes have an average of 3 people per class what makes the learning experience much more relaxed and personalized. I really enjoyed vamos so I took another 4 weeks of classes. Some interesting facts about this school is that their weekly price for group lessons includes tango classes, social outgoings and lots of workshop. Overall a great hidden gem to learn Spanish in Buenos Aires.

One last tip. Ask about other fees associated with the classes. When I was contacting other schools I discovered that many have hidden fees. I wanted to use my credit card and to my surprise most of the school told me that I needed to pay 10% more. Others have registration fees or charges for the materials.

Reviewed December 27, 2019

Originally I was looking for group tango lessons but once I felt more comfortable I decided to take two intensive weeks of private classes.

I felt that the staff was very friendly and well organized. There are a lot of other students learning Spanish and other languages so the place gets very international.

1  Thank LLOYDmiriam
Reviewed December 20, 2019

As many other people have written about Vamos Academy, I dont think that I have anything new to say, but I want to share my experience none the less!! I studied at Vamos for 2 weeks and it was one of the best learning experiences I've had. The teaching style at Vamos is so creative and fun that it really doesnt feel like your in a classroom. The learning is super fun and all of the teachers are amazing. They all have different styles and the freedom to utilize these styles, which truly makes the experience very dynamic. All of the staff are super friendly and extremely helpful. It is truly a great place to learn and I will definitely return if I get the chance to come back to BA!

Reviewed December 19, 2019

I am writing this review because I wanted to highlight the awesome experience that I had at Vamos! I will start by speaking to the professionalism of the teachers and all of the other staff. They were super friendly and always very helpful with everything that I needed. They were always willing to stay for extra time in order to help me, and the academic director was always willing to work with me in giving me extra materials when I asked for them. When I felt that the group I was in was a little to easy for me, they went to extra lengths to place me into a level where I felt appropriately challenged. The school is very nice, and the person working at the reception, Derek, was always willing to help me with questions I had unrelated to the school. It truly was a phenomenal experience!!

Reviewed December 18, 2019

I decided to learn Spanish in Buenos Aires mostly because I have friends in the city. Searching for spanish schools I found a lot of options. After a quick research it was clear to me that there are only two serious schools in the city. On is vamos academy and the other is expanish. I actually took a week with them and I had a good experience. Unfortunately the location was not very convenient so decided to move to vamos Spanish. Overall both school are very professional and the classes well structured.

Buenos Aires us absolutely beautiful. So much to see and do. Highly recommended.