Tripadvisor

from $210.00
from $30.00
from $130.00
More Info
All reviews learn spanish spanish school group classes spent weeks great school great learning great place to learn social aspect taking spanish lessons three weeks registration fee class sizes are small social atmosphere native tongue improved significantly fellow students learning experience
Selected filters
Reviewed August 14, 2019

I don't usually write reviews but I wanted to quickly share my feedback about my Spanish classes at Vamos Spanish Academy.

Things that I liked:
- Very professional team
- Academic director supervising my progress and making new materials
- Teachers are native Argentine and highly qualified.
- Very social and friendly atmosphere.
- Top-north location in Palermo

Things I didn't like:
- I think they can offer better coffee
- The social activities are only 2 times a week.
- It was bit cold in the school

Overall I highly recommend the school.
RR

Reviewed August 11, 2019

For my type of situation, Vamos was perfect:

I'm a recent college grad who is teaching English in Buenos Aires. Since I am living here for a year, it's really important for me to learn Spanish!
Vamos has qualified instructors and although classes were challenging for me, my teacher was very encouraging and could always help me if I struggled. Within two weeks, I definitely could witness improvements with my Spanish. I also really like how, within lessons, there is a healthy balance of grammar, reading, writing, listening, and speaking practice.
In addition to helping me improve my Spanish, Vamos provides many great opportunities to meet people, and practice using Spanish, outside of the classroom. I appreciate that there is constantly some kind of activity for students to socialize and have fun.
In several ways, classes at Vamos helped me feel less overwhelmed considering I moved to a new city and didn't know the language. It should be noted that my only previous experiences with Spanish classes were in middle school and high school; I really did not remember much when I first arrived in Buenos Aires. However, Vamos did a great job of teaching me so much in a relatively short period of time!

10/10 would recommend taking classes here!

Date of experience: July 2019
1  Thank Claire K
Reviewed August 8, 2019

I loved my 2 weeks in BA and at Vamos. My teacher was lovely, fun, and gracious. The other students were terrific. And the organized afternoon activities really added to the experience. BUT the school's teaching methodology was out of the 60's [anyone remember the ALM method? That's how I learned - or didn't learn - French the first time around]. There was far too much focus on grammar and not enough on practical/usable knowledge like directions, how to buy food, etc. These basics are especially helpful for beginners!

Date of experience: June 2019
1  Thank pmlevine333
Reviewed August 3, 2019

I really enjoyed my time at Vamos Spanish. My teacher Barbie was great, always going the extra mile. Their location is perfect and very safe, personally I think Palermo is the best area to stay in BA mostly because of safety but also because if where all the culture events, bars, restaurants and museums are. I like the fact that they don't charge enrollment fees like other schools in buenos aires. I think it's also really good that they have an academic director that keep helping us getting new material and designing some specific things related to medical Spanish. Thanks to Derek, Carter and all the team at vamos. You guys made me feel very confortable during the time I spent learning Spanish.

Reviewed August 2, 2019 via mobile

I took 2 weeks of spanish, and my teacher Maku was aswome, it help me to improve my spanish a lot. I recommand this school to anyone

1  Thank C6971OYmaryd