“Fun and inspiring!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

BA Street Art Tours
Ranked #12 of 271 Tours in Buenos Aires
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Our tours will show you the biggest murals in neighborhoods that aren’t in the tourist guidebooks. See huge murals by international street artists like Blu, Fintan Magee, Alice Pasquini, Martin Ron and Alfredo Segatori. Having organized more than 100 murals around the city, BA Street Art takes an active role in the community and supporting the local graffiti and street art scene. Our expert tour guides hope to offer you an unforgettable experience discovering new parts of the city, learning about the artists, the stories behind their artworks, explaining how murals are used to combat vandalism, the connection between public art, politics and history, and different techniques of painting. For fans of photography it's also a great chance to document some of the best street art in the world.
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Fun and inspiring!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

What an excellent tour!! We had such a great time walking the streets of BA, seeing amazing street art. Our guide Matt was fantastic, sharing his great knowledge, showing us truly amazing artworks and telling the stories behind the artists and their works.We also got to meet people from all over the world in this tour.
Very much recomended if you're looking for an inspiring and fun experience in the city (also super affordable and worth every penny!).

Visited January 2014

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very entertaining/informative tour, unique part of BA, highly recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

Having lived in BA for four years and explored many of its neighborhoods, I thought there wasn't too much I was missing out on. But Matt Fox-Tucker and his tour showed me a side of Buenos Aires I had never seen--not just the rarely-visited residential area of Villa Urquiza, but the life and story behind the many street murals there and the artists who create them. I was surprised to see that this organization not only offers tours of the graffiti art and street murals, but also takes an active hand in their creation, working with the city government and the local artists to arrange the painting of abandoned buildings and walls with undesirable scribblings. BA Street Art proposed and backed the largest street mural in the city--a breathtakingly bizarre one by Martin Ron (part of which is pictured here). One of many highlights in an eye-opening new window into the city. Definitely make it a part of your BA stay.

Visited January 2014
“interesting & explorative, recommend highly.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

Buenos Aires is great for street art everywhere. This tour was prompt and clear in replying to emails. The enthusiasm of the guides is infectious and their knowledge is outstanding. We were glad to walk through some residential neighborhoods that we normally would not have gone to and learn not only about the artwork and the artist but also the various techniques used in the creation of the piece. Matt is really friendly and the tour ends in a nice bar with art by Martin Ron. I finished the tour with far more appreciation of street art. I highly recommend this tour for anyone interested in art in an outdoor setting.

Los Angeles, California
“Excellent tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

As a first-time visitor, I was surprised to see how much graffiti there was in Buenos Aires, a lot of it political, some of it artistic, much of it intriguing, but I did not have any context to understand it.

The tour was great because we saw prominent artists' works, in situ, and we got knowledgeable explanations from our guides about them. They also had interesting commentary about the Argentine political situation and related political graffiti. The experience was way better than an art museum tour -- the museum is the streets themselves.

I knew nothing about street art before the tour besides having a passing familiarity with Banksy. But the tour guides passed along such great background and made the subject accessible. I ended up buying their excellent book and I brought home a new appreciation of this art form in my own hometown in the USA.

Jacksonville, Florida
“JOYA! AWESOME!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

Awesome! Wenzel led a truly stimulating tour. It was entertaining as well as educational. For example, learned a lot about the social and cultural aspects behind BA street art. I felt the tour was a perfect time frame and perfect amount of walking. My guide was really smart and answered all the questions really well. On top of everything else, it was super affordable. I am using the pictures I took to make a gift for my sister...this was also made possible my Matt the head of the organization who is extremely kind and generous. Overall, great energy and vibes, 100% recommendation!!!