“I learnt so much!”

BA Street Art Tours
Ranked #19 of 297 Tours in Buenos Aires
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Our tours will show you the biggest murals in neighborhoods that aren’t in the tourist guidebooks. See huge murals and works by international street artists like Blu, Fintan Magee, Alice Pasquini, Martin Ron and Alfredo Segatori. BA Street Art has organized more than 100 murals around the city and money received from our tours goes towards funding future mural projects. The difference between our tours and others is that BA Street Art has been actively involved in the graffiti and street art scene for more than eight years & works with and supports local artists. Our expert tour guides hope to offer you an unforgettable experience discovering new parts of the city, learning about the artists, the stories behind their artworks, the connection between public art, politics and history, and different techniques of painting. For fans of photography it's also a great chance to document some of the best street art in the world. All bookings via email or our website only.
Reviewed August 29, 2012

It was fantastic, packed full of information! I now feel inspired to give it ago and paint. It also shows you a whole other side to buenos aires that I never knew about, street art has a life of it's own! Our guide was very genuine and very passionate about all the art work, this showed in his endless knowledge about every piece we saw. A great thing to do on your birthday ;)

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I very much enjoyed the walking tour and learnt a lot about street art. Friendly and approachable, Matt was the perfect guide. I would recommend this tour to anyone who wants to get away from the crowds and see something very few people see - a large and diverse collection of alternative art.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I had heard from other people that I HAD to go on this tour and thank goodness I did! Matt knows both the city and the street art scene and took us to some amazing places. He knew all about the work and was even modest about it. The 3 hours flew by! This is something unique to Buenos Aires and definitely should not be missed.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I can thoroughly recommend this tour by Matt who is a former UK journalist now living in BA. His depth of knowledge of the graffiti artists and barrios where you can find find graffiti and murials is extensive and humbling. He was very willing to share his knowledge and incredibly helpful with advice about BA in general. This tour should be on everybody's must do list. Also very good value.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Matt is very knowledgable about the art, the artists, and the social fabric of the street art community. We ventured to the outer barrios of BA and saw examples of various types of street art on park and building walls. Through it all, Matt kept adding to the experience with his knowledge and was able to answer all questions put to him. The time flew by even though it keeps threatening to rain the whole time. Strongly recommended.