“Great way to see the real side of Buenos Aires” 5 of 5 bubbles

BA Street Art Tours
Ranked #12 of 271 Tours in Buenos Aires
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Our tours will show you the biggest murals in neighborhoods that aren’t in the tourist guidebooks. See huge murals by international street artists like Blu, Fintan Magee, Alice Pasquini, Martin Ron and Alfredo Segatori. Having organized more than 100 murals around the city, BA Street Art takes an active role in the community and supporting the local graffiti and street art scene. Our expert tour guides hope to offer you an unforgettable experience discovering new parts of the city, learning about the artists, the stories behind their artworks, explaining how murals are used to combat vandalism, the connection between public art, politics and history, and different techniques of painting. For fans of photography it's also a great chance to document some of the best street art in the world.
Chicago, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great way to see the real side of Buenos Aires”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

My husband and I live here and in an effort to always try something new with our visitors, we took this tour over this past weekend. We got to really understand both the graffiti art scene and a part of Buenos Aires that we really didn't know much about. Also, it provided a great way to show our guests other parts of the city and the real BA, not just the Plaza de Mayo or Palermo SoHo. I would recommend this tour to other people and definitely will send other guests who are interested in learning more about street art!

Visited July 2012

Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Incredible Tour of Living Art History”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

This tour was phenomenal. We explored parts of Buenos Aires that are far off the beaten tourist track. The walk is like an art museum tour that takes you around the city to see the best murals. Matt taught us about different themes, styles and trends in the street art movement and shared fascinating ideas and stories about this emerging art movement.

Came away from this tour very knowledgeable on the trends. Matt's passion for the subject is contagious. Great tour - would definitely recommend it.

Visited July 2012
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“BA Street Art tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

The BA Street Art tour is a must for everyone who loves art in the streets. Matt is a very passionate guide who knows a lot about the local scene. A lot of the works he showed me had a very strong South American identity. BA is a city like Sao Paulo where there is still a lot of freedom to be creative in the public domain. I will take the tour again for sure.

Bert (Amsterdam)

Visited June 2012
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“cool tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

I went on the street art tour a while back and have been meaning to write for ages. I thoroughly enjoyed the tour and the guide did a great job. Very very informative and enthusiastic. Also friendly and extremely courteous and polite. I have lived in Buenos Aires for some time now and I decided to go on the tour on impulse really as I have seen all these huge murals over the city and always wondered if there was some kind of story behind them. Turns out there is. What I didn’t expect to see was part of the city that I had never been to before. Its more of a tour of street art - it is a fascinating insight into the heritage and culture of the city with plenty of anecdotes and information which really made the city come alive. When it was finished I felt as if I knew the city much better than when I had started off. Besides that even if you’re not interested in street art it is really a cool way to spend a morning or afternoon walking around Buenos Aires with a really enthusiastic guide at the helm who really has a great love for this city. He also seems to personally know many of the artists involved which of course makes all the difference!

Visited April 2012
Allston, Massachusetts, United States
“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

Matt was a really knowledgeable tour guide who was very passionate about street art in Buenos Aires. The experience is definitely worthwhile. Matt brought us to neighborhoods that you would normally not venture into if you were just visiting Buenos Aires, and he showed us a variety of work by both amateur artists and seasoned street artists. His explanations and stories are detailed and very interesting! He is definitely the go-to guy for street art. Do this tour! It's a MUST.

Visited June 2012