“Great dessert in Recoleta”

Smeterling Patisserie
Ranked #3 of 35 Bakeries in Buenos Aires
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Recoleta
Description: Smeterling Patisserie & Boutique is a special shop located in the exclusive neighborhood of Recoleta in downtown Buemos Aires where you will discover sweet delicities and the best coffee in town. Taste the Cakes, Macarons, Whoopies and Cupcakes accompanied by an Illy coffee or Twinings tea at our charming shop with an European-inspired atmosphere, or take-away and enjoy them at the confort of your hotel. Another of the stores's surprises is a diverse collection of pastry books and kitchens accesories to inspire your baking. Do not hesitate to stop by with your pet, as there is an adorable "pet-parking" at your disposition.
Trinidad and Tobago
“Great dessert in Recoleta”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

My wife and I were strolling along Recoleta enjoying the beautiful architecture. We were getting a little hungry and it was mid afternoon so I opened up the Tripadvisor Buenos Aires City Guide I had previously downloaded on my Galaxy Tab and searched for a nearby cafe.
With the GPS directions to guide us we found this lovely modern patisserie which was one of our best finds in BA.
The beautiful array of desserts in the window drew us in, where we were greeted by the most fabulous aromas and friendly staff who although busy whipping up some new desserts, offered us some tasty treats and delicious teas to soothe our appetites.
Would recommend travelers to go out of their way to find this gem - an oasis in the hustle and bustle of a big city.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank SimonTT

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Baltimore, Maryland
“Seriously the best Dessert I've ever had”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I consider myself a dessert lover and I know a thing or two about baking and cooking, but I have never had a dessert so sumptuous as the orange and chocolate mini cake that we had from Smeterling. I can't believe I didn't ask the name. I don't even know what it's called. We were headed out of Buenos Aires on our last day and we purchased the cake to takeout. One of the lovely ladies who worked there recommended this cake as her favorite so we decided to try it and I have never been more pleased. It was sooooooo good that we circled back before we left for the airport just to enjoy another. I wish so bad that there was a Smeterling in the U.S. or a bakery that could come close to offering even half of the goodness that this pâtisserie dreams up. I'm going to miss Argentina mainly for a walk to Smeterling.

Visited November 2012
Austin, Texas, United States
“Great Cake!”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Tried quite a few desserts and pastries in BA and this place was definitely my favorite. We ordered a bunch of little cakes and they were all amazing and not that expensive either! I have been eating quite a bit of Argentina's dulce de leche, but it was great to try a place that had something a little different than your average pastry shop! Definitely recommend trying -- it was delicious!

• Visited October 2012
San Francisco
“The Absolute Best”
Reviewed January 18, 2012

O.k. so there are a ton of great pastry shops in BA but this one really stands out. It is chic and the pastries are excellent. We grabbed the lovely little corner table and had some great cakes. The cooks kept bringing us extra small bites to try. The coffee was excellent too. We took things home for next day's breakfast. This is worth a detour and is a great place to rest the feet after walking all day in Recoleta.

• Visited June 2011
Murten, Switzerland
“A MUST VISIT cofe/patisserie in Buenos Aires”
Reviewed December 18, 2011

Since we have found this place 2 weeks ago we go there everyday!
Very stylish, friendly and outstanding food. And you can watch them cooking/baking.

• Visited December 2011