“A great creative way to see the city.”

Foto Ruta Buenos Aires
Ranked #33 of 281 Tours in Buenos Aires
More attraction details
Owner description: Foto Ruta is a fun and creative way to see the city of Buenos Aires. Foto Ruta offers a selection of tours, experiences and excursions that are designed to show participants the 'real and genuine side of Argentina's capital. Foto Ruta weekly brings the city and its streets to life through a series of clues and tips that participants capture on camera. You don't need to be good at photography to enjoy Foto Ruta photo tours, they are about unlocking your creativity, meeting people and getting a different perspective of Buenos Aires
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A great creative way to see the city.”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I work as a photographer and this was my second visit to Buenos Aires. I got to know Palermo last year with foto-ruta on their weekly street phototgraphy and iphoneography courses. I did the same this year with San Telmo, booking a private half day street photography tour. We walked, we talked, we saw sights I would not have found on my own. Guidance was given, help if needed, and ideas offered when the inspiration to be creative may have been lacking. The pre-tour instruction was useful, the post tour image evaluation was illuminating. It was a great afternoon, spent doing something I love, with a guide who is an excellent and working photographer in her own right. Things do not get much better than that.

Visited March 2014

Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A creative afternoon.”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Foto Ruta is a fun and unique way to see the city. I was expecting a guided tour but was nicely surprised with a creative workshop (that's the Foto Ruta weekly tour in one of the area from BA).

You follow an introduction going through a slideshow, reviewing the basics of photography and learning about argentinian behaviors and "how to interact" with people there. Interesting and helpful for the 2h of street photo shoot following it. I really enjoyed following the "creative guide" getting out of my comfort zone and ending up in places or situation I wouldn't have encounter by myself

You can team up with any of the other customer, which add to the fun and help meeting people.

Emma was a great "teacher" there and you'll definitely appreciate the collective review of the pictures at the end of the day. Really a good balance between a discovery tour and a photo workshop.

Will definitely recommend the experience to anyone interested in photography regardless of his/her level.

Enjoy

Visited February 2014
1 Thank mveillon
London, United Kingdom
“Best experience of my trip to Buenos Aires”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I am a photographer and was visiting Buenos Aires for personal projects. I contacted Foto Ruta if they could put a series of bespoke days for me to take me to interesting locations which they did and my time with them made my experience of the city complete. All correspondence in advance was detailed and efficient and the price I thought was right for the bespoke nature of the service given.

From a different view of the city tour with Paula who was amazing in her knowledge, shooting tango on rooftops with two dancers, the trip to La Borda with Emma and also the trip to an Estancia outside the city with Becky. To follow my blog of all that I did with Foto Ruta - www.anniearmitage.com/blog

I am just waiting for a Foto-Ruta to be in every city so I use their services again.

Visited February 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic! Great way to see and photograph the city”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We are an English couple who took a custom tour around San Telmo. Our guide, Meghan, was excellent; very attentive, knowledgeable and really listened to what we wanted to do. We are both beginners and greatly benefited from the introductiory tuition and review of our photos. Would highly recommend this tour, great way to see the city from a different perspective whilst learning a new skill. Thanks!!

Visited January 2014
Hamburg, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

The staff was really nice and the foto show at the end was fun. But I am disappointed of what you get for your 200 Pesos. They give you a short presentation of how to make fotos (which everyone who at least knows a little about doing so should already know completely). Then you go through the barrio on your own (not guided!) and they just put the fotos into a slideshow in the end. Where do the pesos go to?!
If you have never heard anything about photography before, it might be a nice introduction. Otherwise - do something else in Buenos Aires. Go through the city and take fotos on your own without paying for a slideshow.

1 Thank Katharina M
FotoRutaBA, Owner at Foto Ruta Buenos Aires, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
I'm really sorry that your Foto Ruta Weekly experience didn't live up to your expectations. We offer a number of different Buenos Aires photography experiences and the one you chose was Foto Ruta Weekly, a creative and collaborative, 'unguided' exploration of the city that involves offering people the chance to see the city via a clue based game. We call it the 'tour for tour haters' because the people who come on it are after something a bit different from the usual guided tour. The feedback we get from our participants is always incredibly positive so we were really disappointed to hear you didn't enjoy the experience.

Your complaint about the tour being unguided would lead me to suggest that perhaps you booked the FR Weekly tour in error as it is clearly advertised as 'unguided' and we send material before the event via email, explaining exactly how it works. We do offer fully guided tours, so if you're ever back in Buenos Aires we'd love to invite you to come along and try one of those.