“It's a simple concept but it works well”

Foto Ruta Buenos Aires
Ranked #34 of 306 Tours in Buenos Aires
More attraction details
Owner description: Foto Ruta is a fun and creative way to see the city of Buenos Aires. Foto Ruta offers a selection of tours, experiences and excursions that are designed to show participants the 'real and genuine side of Argentina's capital. Foto Ruta weekly brings the city and its streets to life through a series of clues and tips that participants capture on camera. You don't need to be good at photography to enjoy Foto Ruta photo tours, they are about unlocking your creativity, meeting people and getting a different perspective of Buenos Aires
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Meet in a cafe, get a short photography lesson, take a map and 10 "prompts" or "clues" and head out with a partner to explore a BA neighborhood through photography. Interact with locals. Take creative photos. 3 hours later show up in another cafe and share your photo art with your new Foto Ruta friends over a glass of vino. We loved this adventure. Definitely would do it again in BA or elsewhere.

All reviews
"fantastic tour"
"street art"
"walking tour"

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Foto Ruta is a far cry from the usual city tour along well worn tourist trails. The FR Weekly event kicked off with a fun introduction to creative photography. We then embarked in small groups on a journey of discovery through the hip barrio of Palermo Soho, using a set of clues to inspire creativity. Along the way we really "saw" the neighbourhood as we never would have seen it otherwise. At the end of the afternoon we regrouped over a glass (or two!) of Malbec. It was amazing to see how differently, and creatively, each group interpreted the same set of clues! For the Academia tour, I was accompanied by a professional photographer guide, Pato, on a customized journey of discovery. Pato not only knows BA well (he grew up there) but he also inspired me to see and photograph the city like a pro. By the way, if like me your travel plans take you to Santiago de Chile, be sure to check out Foto Ruta in that city as well.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

During my week long trip to BA in Nov 2012 I did both a 'weekly' in San Telmo and the half day academy. The concept behind the weekly was very clever, great fun, and resulted in some one of a kind photos. It gave me a very different perspective on the city, and on subjects for future photos in other places. As a solo traveller it was also a cool way to meet some new people to hang out with. I enjoyed it so much that I decided to sign up for the academy which is more focused on developing technical skills - fantastic experience! I also got a taster of the iphoneography class which seemed like another unique and refreshing take on photography classes

Overall I highly recommend the Foto Ruta experience! Sign up you won't regret it!

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Great way to see the city. No matter your level of expertise. Just a fun time. I would suggest a all day private tour, this allow you to go at your speed and not feel rushed because of the group. Sometimes the best photos are just being patient.