“Awesome way to explore BA and meet new people at the same time!”

Foto Ruta Buenos Aires
Ranked #34 of 306 Tours in Buenos Aires
More attraction details
Owner description: Foto Ruta is a fun and creative way to see the city of Buenos Aires. Foto Ruta offers a selection of tours, experiences and excursions that are designed to show participants the 'real and genuine side of Argentina's capital. Foto Ruta weekly brings the city and its streets to life through a series of clues and tips that participants capture on camera. You don't need to be good at photography to enjoy Foto Ruta photo tours, they are about unlocking your creativity, meeting people and getting a different perspective of Buenos Aires
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Several years after traveling around Argentina with friends, I found myself alone in Buenos Aires on a business trip. Since I'd already done the usual sightseeing activities even the week before, I was looking for something to do on Saturday that would get me out of the hotel and into a different part of the city. I was thrilled when I stumbled upon great reviews of Foto Ruta. It proved to be a great way to spent my Saturday, explore new parts of BA and interact with fellow travelers/photographers.

Since I was on a business trip, I'd left my SLR at home. My little point and shoot was fine for the day, but I do wish I'd had my other camera with me. The information session at the beginning was great. I tend to prefer to remain anonymous and often feel uncomfortable whipping out my camera. It was great to hear some ideas on how to step out of your comfort zone when taking photos.

I had a great time with my small group exploring a different side of Recoleta. It was great to come up with creative ideas for photos with me and just chat and hear about why they were in BA. At the end it was fun to see what other groups had done and the wine was a nice plus.

Again, I loved my day with Foto Ruta and may sign up for another session if I end up with another weekend in BA anytime soon. Highly recommended!

1  Thank TravellingHoya
"fantastic tour"
"street art"
"walking tour"

Reviewed July 12, 2012

As a self confessed non photographer, i was a bit dubious about going on a photography based tour, but my afternoon on the Foto Ruta tour turned out to be one of the best things i've done so far in the city. I used my iphone and we spent the first half an hour or doing a photography workshop and finding out about the neighborhood we were in. We then went out taking photos in the neighborhood to represent a set of clues. As advertised on their website, the quest to take photos, really helped me look around and see parts of the city i wouldnt have seen. For me, the best bit was going through the photos at the end, and having the girls give us lots of local and historical insights. A really creative day out, enjoyed by a very non creative person!

1  Thank rafa j
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I had lived in Buenos Aires for 4 month when i went on Foto Ruta. Through the clues they give you you get to experiencce the city in a new way, from a different view-point. Becky and Joss are very helpful, and give you an introductory course in fotography, and individual assistance if you want and/or need it. I wish it would be available in every city, it's such a unique way to discover unknown sides of the city. I can also highly recommend their Foto Academía, a hole day of photography in three different locations with a more one-on-one tutoring.Loved it.
PS. They also speak in English, french and spanish
Stina

1  Thank Stina P
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I took part in two foto ruta days when I was in Buenos Aires, and one foto academia (one day one-to-one). Both the owners of the business, Joss and Becky, are very professional and very friendly. In both the foto rutas I took part in there was a great atmosphere and we even went for drinks with the group after the event. So it´s great to see Buenos Aires in a different way (you definitely do not need to be a photo pro!!) and to meet people from everywhere around the world. Would definitely recommend it and would do it in other cities of the world if it existed! :)

1  Thank Barbara G