“Be a non tourist for a day”

Foto Ruta Buenos Aires
Ranked #40 of 293 Tours in Buenos Aires
More attraction details
Owner description: Foto Ruta is a fun and creative way to see the city of Buenos Aires. Foto Ruta offers a selection of tours, experiences and excursions that are designed to show participants the 'real and genuine side of Argentina's capital. Foto Ruta weekly brings the city and its streets to life through a series of clues and tips that participants capture on camera. You don't need to be good at photography to enjoy Foto Ruta photo tours, they are about unlocking your creativity, meeting people and getting a different perspective of Buenos Aires
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Not a tour in the traditional sense. This is a treasure hunt, great way to meet people, see hidden secret Buenos aires with a few photography tips for all levels. It's great for anyone with a creative spark. The girls running this tour are sweet hearts and really trying something fresh and new. Lovely way to spend the day and not feel like your being shoved around on the usual tourist trail. Me gusta!!!

Reviewed December 6, 2011

Although I have lived here for a number of months, Foto Ruta was an amazing experience as an expat "local." It got me out into the city, to visit other barrios that I have had every intention of visiting...yet never done!

Plus, it gave me the opportunity to see this amazing city in a whole other light!

I enjoy taking photos for fun - to document my journeys, but this allowed me an opportunity to be more creative and have fun exploring the streets!

As we all returned with our new found treasures of amazing shots, we were able to share our view with the other teams and in turn share their experiences and actual point of view!

I would highly recommend this tour just as much for people who have arrived today as I would for those who have lived here their whole lives! No matter what your level of photography. Truly enables you to find your alternative view of Buenos Aires!

Reviewed November 29, 2011

This was a wonderful way to take meaningful, beautiful photos of a neighbourhood in the city I wouldn't have otherwise seen. I felt protected and comfortable to take time with shots, by walking around with a couple of other people. The "clues" provided by Foto-Ruta made me look at the city in a whole new way. Their knowledge, expertise, enthusiasm and the great wine afterward contributed to a fabulous afternoon. Highly recommended. I also took a day long workshop with Jocelyn Mandryk, one of the operators of FR, later that week. Also fabulous. Learned a tonne. This is the real deal.

Reviewed November 22, 2011

I never go on tours because I am a local and a snob. I’ll just be honest about that. What is great about Foto Ruta is that it isn’t a tour. Becky and Jocelyn give you maps, clues and photography tips, but they do not tell you where to go or what to photograph. I loved that we all took off into teams instead of traveling in a giant mass of people holding cameras. I enjoyed being left with just 1 teammate to run through the city with without other people’s photos there to influence my interpretation of a clue. I thought the clues were an awesome idea because at the end of the event, we all get to check out each others photos and really see how far the imagination can stretch. Lastly, I appreciated the photography tips. I was lucky to be paired with Stephanie who knows a lot more about photography, but I still took Jocelyn’s tips seriously and appreciated the guidance.

Once you get back from your city exploration, everyone checks out each others photos on a projector. A photo discussion over the snacks and glass of wine that are included in the price of the tour makes for a relaxing wind down from running around the city.

read my full review (with photos) http://travelated.com/unique-photography-experience-with-foto-ruta-in-buenos-aires

Reviewed November 21, 2011

Loved every minute of this activity and would highly recommend it. It really is a great way to explore the city.The teams really became competitive and it was exciting to display the photos at the end and show off our achievements. The tips given at the beginning of the session had clearly been taken into account by everyone and help produce what look like professional photos!

1  Thank Katie312741