“Great tour!”

and up
Small-Group Buenos Aires Graffiti Art Tour
Ranked #11 of 281 Tours in Buenos Aires
More attraction details
Owner description: graffitimundo is non-profit organisation which celebrates graffiti & street art in Buenos Aires and supports its artists. We run tours in close collaboration with a network of street artists, and share our first hand knowledge of the scene through friendly guided tours which reveal the extraordinary story behind the thriving urban art scene. Our tours take you off the beaten path to reveal the city's hidden graffiti hotspots and street art galleries. You’ll learn all about the Buenos Aires urban art scene, from the cultural and historical origins to the different styles and techniques on display. Stopping by an artists’ studio and finishing in the city’s only street art bar and gallery, the tour also gives you the chance to meet with artists and buy affordable artwork. All proceeds from our tours are used to keep our project running, and enable us to continue promoting the scene and supporting its artist.
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Great tour!”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My wife and I were recommended this tour by friends of ours and they were bang on! We did the Hidden Walls tour. The tour took us through some different neighborhoods in BA and showed us some very cool street art. The guide was amazing: very knowledgeable and passionate about the street art! Highlight was the San Lorenzo (I hope that is right) alley with its amazing tilework. A great way to see some different parts of the city. Unique and Cool! Highly recommend

Visited April 2013

New York, New York, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A MUST in Buenos Aires!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Grafiti Mundo is an absolute must and was my favorite thing in Buenos Aires. It's very unique and led by local street artists. It's not a tour and at the end you get to meet some of the artists in their studio. It was very interesting learning about the differences between grafiti, street art and tagging and you get to see a ton of great grafiti and street art! Buenos Aires is a hot spot for this. If you're looking for a unique and authentic experience, this is a great way to learn more about the Argentine culture.

Visited April 2013
new york city
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Amazing tour of BA street art”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We took a 4 hour bike tour of the street art of Buenos Aires with an expert from graffitimundo. The tour stopped in front of murals by the best known street artists of BA. The guide was fun, informative and passionate about BA and the street artists and their work. It was a blast.

Visited March 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome tour and team!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The Graffiti Mundo tour was recommended by a friend of mine who is originally from Buenos Aires (an old friend had started it, he said). Well, I was with my parents and didn't know what to expect, but we had a blast!! We learned so much about street art in BA and even had a chance to peek into the studio of a local legend, who was busy at work. While we might have seen a few of these murals while walking around town, we wouldn't have learned so much or enjoyed the art nearly as much as after having taken this tour. Muchas gracias!

Visited June 2012
Northampton, Massachusetts, USA
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“Great, different view of Buenos Aires' recent history”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The other reviews have covered nearly everything, so just a few comments:

I took the group tour on Easter weekend, so the city was nice and quiet, but the artists weren’t in their studios. We did get to see one studio shared by several artists, leaf through some books about street art in Buenos Aires, see some sketches and paintings, and visit with the resident cats.

Perhaps because it was a holiday weekend, the tour wasn’t full although I emailed only the day before. I was able to pay online using PayPal, which gave me a discount of several dollars and allowed me to keep my pesos to use for other expenses.

Ana was a fantastic, knowledgeable guide. After the tour I stayed to buy a print and met another guide, an Aussie whose name I can’t recall, and she was just as affable. On the tour I also met a very friendly Argentine freelance writer who gave me Buenos Aires travel tips, and we traded email and blog addresses.

The tour is appropriate for everyone from street art experts to those who know nothing about Argentina beyond Madonna in “Evita.” I’ve been studying (and teaching) Argentine history and culture for more than 2 years, and I consider myself well-versed in contemporary politics and civil society movements there, but I learned a number of things on this tour that I’d never heard before (about the “football mafia” and about recently deceased former president Néstor Kirchner, for example). Ana was also good at addressing larger, more philosophical questions about street art vs. tagging, public art on private property, and the like.

The Graffitimundo group is currently filming a documentary, “White Walls Say Nothing,” about the city’s street art scene and its history. I’m looking forward to seeing it when it’s completed, and the next time I’m in the city, I’ll take Graffitimundo’s Hidden Walls tour.

Visited March 2013