“Wow, what an eye opener”
Review of Graffitimundo

and up
Small-Group Buenos Aires Graffiti Art Tour
Ranked #41 of 306 Tours in Buenos Aires
More attraction details
Owner description: graffitimundo is non-profit organisation which celebrates graffiti & street art in Buenos Aires and supports its artists. We run tours in close collaboration with a network of street artists, and share our first hand knowledge of the scene through friendly guided tours which reveal the extraordinary story behind the thriving urban art scene. Our tours take you off the beaten path to reveal the city's hidden graffiti hotspots and street art galleries. You’ll learn all about the Buenos Aires urban art scene, from the cultural and historical origins to the different styles and techniques on display. Stopping by an artists’ studio and finishing in the city’s only street art bar and gallery, the tour also gives you the chance to meet with artists and buy affordable artwork. All proceeds from our tours are used to keep our project running, and enable us to continue promoting the scene and supporting its artist.
Reviewed March 5, 2013

You see a lot of street art/graffiti in BA. This little non profit opens your eyes to the scene, artists, lifestyle and more. You meet some of the artists and go to their artists run bar. We bought a piece that will sit nicely on our living room wall.

All reviews
"three hours"
in 14 reviews
"informative tour"
in 12 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 15 reviews
in 7 reviews
"spend an afternoon"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

We love street art, and the tour was very informative and Ana gave a great historical background to the relatively young scene in BA.

It's a great way to see the alternative BA.

Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

I took my parents and boyfriend on this tour and everybody loved it. My dad was a little hesitant at first because he wasn't sure he was interested in seeing graffiti. Since the tour he has been pointing out different street artist all around town. I highly recommend this tour and Mimi was a fantastic guide. Very knowledgable and easy to understand.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Two friends and I signed up for the afternoon group tour that involved walking and a shuttle bus. I really enjoyed learning about the history of legal street art and looking up close at beautiful graffiti around the city. Following the tour, I purchased a neat illustration at the Post Bar gallery from an artist named Malatesta.

My only gripe is that registering for the tour was a slight pain. Rather than having an online form listing dates, times, and locations, you have to email Graffiti Mundo to figure out tour availability and the meeting point. I wasn't connected much to my email during the trip but had to keep an eye on it to confirm the tour details.

I think these tours would be even more popular if the sign-up process was easier. (This, of course, is coming from someone who works on website design and user experience for a living!)