“Great way to learn about Argentina”
Review of Graffitimundo

and up
Small-Group Buenos Aires Graffiti Art Tour
Ranked #11 of 281 Tours in Buenos Aires
More attraction details
Owner description: graffitimundo is non-profit organisation which celebrates graffiti & street art in Buenos Aires and supports its artists. We run tours in close collaboration with a network of street artists, and share our first hand knowledge of the scene through friendly guided tours which reveal the extraordinary story behind the thriving urban art scene. Our tours take you off the beaten path to reveal the city's hidden graffiti hotspots and street art galleries. You’ll learn all about the Buenos Aires urban art scene, from the cultural and historical origins to the different styles and techniques on display. Stopping by an artists’ studio and finishing in the city’s only street art bar and gallery, the tour also gives you the chance to meet with artists and buy affordable artwork. All proceeds from our tours are used to keep our project running, and enable us to continue promoting the scene and supporting its artist.
Toronto, Canada
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Great way to learn about Argentina”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

One of the highlights of our trip to Argentina. We did a private tour with a driver and guide who took us around Buenos Aires. (It can also be done in groups) The guide was very knowledgeable and spoke English. We learned a lot about the different artists, history and culture behind the art. We finished off our trip getting to meet one of the artists whose art we had seen. Lot’s of fun.

The tour lasts 2-3 hours and ends in a bar where you can get food and drinks and also buy some street art.

New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Open your eyes to the painted walls of BA!”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

This tour was fantastic. My parents and I went on a sweltering hot day, and Melissa was wonderfully informative. Graffitimundo helped open my eyes to the art all over Buenos Aires. I appreciate it more, have come to recognize certain artists, and see more beauty than ever all over the painted walls. I would highly recommend this tour, you learn, you get a sense of a few neighborhoods in the city, and experience Buenos Aires from artists' perspectives.

Vermont
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fabulous tour of Bs As graffiti artists”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Wonderful tour of some of the city's major graffiti art works. If you're not familiar with the graffiti scene in Bs As, this will really open your eyes. This is NOT TAGGING! It is way, way more. I combined mine with Biking Buenos Aires, which I heartily recommend as you can cover a lot more territory and works; plus, it's exercise! Kirsty, our guide was great: enthusiastic, super-knowledgeable, engaging, and helpful. Corey (from Biking Buenos Aires) complemented by keep traffic at bay and making sure all was safe. Wrapping up at an artists' gallery (Hollywood in Cambodia), behind and above a pub, was a great way to end the tour. I bought a wonderful print for a very modest approx. $70US. (Side plug: Biking BsAs' other tours are also very good.)

Menton, France
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Don't hesitate...take the tour”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

My son had been wittering on about street art in London, so when I arrived in Buenos Aires and seeing so much around, I decided that I wanted to learn more about this whole subject, so I signed up. Never regretted a moment, my eyes were opened to a whole new world and I am now a convert!
The tour guide was excellent, good English, excellent information and included the origins of street art, the different types of application, and with the mini bus the tour is able to cover a great deal of different places, as well as providing a sit down rest. The visit to one of the artist's studios, with books, gave yet more insight as to how they work, and the final stop at a bar owned and run by an artist was a fitting end. Upstairs on a balcony overlooking the street, the walls are covered with more street art and the paintings for sale are there for buyers who are interested. one needs a drink to contemplate all that one has seen, heard and learnt.
Such an unusual tour, I highly recommend it to anyone. Let's hope their work continues to flourish and the organisation opens in other cities around the world. Good luck for the future, and thank you.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Super guide and murals”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Great tour with Argentinian sun. Help to discover history, politics through art. I appreciate the great guide we had. There is no 5 stars because I would have enjoy to see more in 3 hours. Hugo

Visited December 2012