“Excellent place, better value than any hostel - very clean with good attention to detail”

La Querencia de Buenos Aires
Ranked #2 of 257 Buenos Aires B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 2, 2013

So this place really was as I expected it - very clean, comfortable with good attention to detail. The room was lovely, very cute shutters to block out the light and heater and ceiling fan if it was too hot or too cold. The bathroom was great too - it looked like it had only recently been done up. The shower was perfect, good temperature, good pressure and good drainage. They even provided lovely liquid hand soap that smelt just great. The bed was comfortable with a new mattress albeit a little too soft for my liking. All in all perfect however. Breakfast was the standard, bread with dulce de leche, tea, coffee, juice etc. They had run out of juice on the first day but the guy went straight out to buy some for me. I guess they could provide eggs, fruit and fresh juice if they were looking to improve the breakfast.

Service was great too and with only 4 rooms it was easily for them to provide this. Wifi connection was strong throughout and there was no interruption at all. Information of what to do, how to get from one place to the next etc was provided. Communication was efficient too, right from the start when I made the booking by email. The owner is French hence communicates fluently in English, French and Spanish.

From my perspective, the only downside I experienced was timings to check in and out. Having been staying until then at hostels who have 24 hour service, I have been used to flexibility with timings, especially whilst on holiday it is difficult to be as precise as you normally may be. With the B & B being family run, it is much more difficult for them to be flexible - this proved to be a little tricky as I arrived quite late at night on the first night and needed to check out at a certain time upon leaving. I would say this was the only downside to my visit - the rest of it was perfect.

Overall I would thoroughly recommend this place if you are ok with timings to check in and out. Given the cost of hostels in the centre, this is far nicer, even for solo travellers and provides excellent value for money.

A couple of tips - if you need to get to or from EZE international airport, book your taxi with Manuel Tienda (a company which does airport transfers) which is a fraction of the price of a normal taxi - 75 pesos vs 250 pesos. Furthermore, bring as many dollars in cash as you can as the exchange rate is 20% better than withdrawing pesos from the ATMs (6 to 1 USD vs 4.75 to 1 USD). Inflation in Argentina is strong making the cost of living significantly higher.

The other places I stayed at in my trip where I would alsorecommend without any hesitation are those that I have awarded 5 stars. If someone had recommended these places to me I would have saved a lot of time researching so I'd be more than happy to help future travellers. I had a great trip to South America and these places were the best I stayed. If you would like any info or have any questions, please let me know.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank ninsc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)