“Excellent food, intimate atmosphere”
Review of La Olla de Felix

La Olla de Felix
Ranked #945 of 5,044 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Recoleta
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We loved La Olla de Felix! It is a very small, very local restaurant walking distance from our apartment at the Poetry Building (a great place to stay!). The 6 or 7 tables fill up fast with BsAs regulars so call ahead and get there before 9:00. This was our choice for our 1st and last meal in Buenos Aires.

There are newer reviews for La Olla de Felix

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I love going to Felix's place. The neighborhood, the decor, the simple menus written on a board for everyone to see, the china and cutlery and, last, but not least, Felix himself, who will sometimes wait on you or else come and have a nice little conversation with patrons.
Their winter veggy soup is unsurpassing, like a grandmother's soup, rich, generous and very tasty.
Plate portions are super generous.
If I may add a suggestion, that would be setting noise-proofing devices, namely on the ceiling. The dinning area is small and music and conversation makes hearing a somewhat difficult task.
But, as for the rest, the place is worth recommending.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Our first visit a year ago left us so impressed we returned with excitement and high expectations only to be slightly disappointed. The small dining room is charming country French with the limited menu (five choices, no appetizers nor salads) posted in cursive writing on an antique like mirror. The cliental is all local neighborhood Porteno which we appreciated. On our second visit a tubby young man with a couple of days growth on his sweaty face unlocked the door to let us in. His black t shirt was a size too small, treating us to an unappetizing view of his hairy belly peaking between the bottom of his shirt and the top of his jeans. He was nice enough despite the slobbish appearance. Our food was brought within minutes of ordering indicating to us that there was a lot of pre-prepared items in the fridge. My Risotto with Salmon was swimming in butter, but, at least, the fish was fresh. My wife's eggplant souffle was piping hot (good) and heavy on the cheese and cream. Tasty, but rich. Warm bread, two full glasses of o.k. wine, two entrees only $49. Hard to beat the price, but not the "inspired" cooking we experienced during our last visit. All the while, Felix sat at a table in his pink velcro sneakers, replete with grey stubble on his face, chit chatting with his friends, not getting up a single moment to supervise his kitchen. I think he mails it in........If I lived in the Recoleta I would probably go there now and again for a decent meal at a reasonable price. As a person who visits BA regularly, I have learned there are some really superb options. We probably will not go back to Felix's.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Cosy, very small, home made food, always meet a firend, good price, perfect location. I cannot dislike it. whenever i am close to it and have the chance to have a quick dinner, I choose La Olla de Felix.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

This is a cozy restaurant in upmarket Recoleta, the decor is very good and there aren't many tables so you would expect good quality.
I was celebrating my birthday with friends and I was disappointed at the quality of the food on offer. My friends' kidneys and rice were chopped up to thinly that the flavour was lost, my ravioli and estofado was barely warm, the bread was as hard as a rock. To top it all they don't accept credit or debit cards. We left before deserts and told the owner the bread was stale: his reply was that you should have asked to have it changed. Surely you don't expect this from a restaurant that was obviously good but has now become too complacent.
I don't think I'll be returning any time soon. .