“Great Location”

Ranked #123 of 445 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Melbourne
“Great Location”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Lovely hotel, in a great location. The rooms are large, new and clean. The staff are friendly and helpful, and speak English. The Hotel is well priced. My only criticism is that the breakfast could be better- it is very simple. I recommend this hotel, and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Arabic first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My first impression of the Dazzler Recoleta was great as my husband and I arrived around 7:30am from the airport and they were able to get us into our room right away. We were exhausted so it was great. The bed was huge and very comfortable, curtains kept all the light out, another plus. They could only get us into a first floor room since we were there early, but we didn't care. Street noise was amazingly low in the room, didn't affect our sleeping at all.
Breakfast is pretty good, pretty standard for hotels in Argentina.
There is even an outdoor pool and sun deck which i didn't get a chance to enjoy. It looked nice, though. Service overall was great. The front desk also let us check out late and called a cab for us. The cost was pretty cheap, i used booking.com and paid in advance, which i think helped reduce the price a bit. I would definitely stay here again in my next visit to BA.

Room Tip: Street view is nice and even if staying on a low floor, the street noise is minimal.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Fën H, Dirección at Dazzler Recoleta, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Bonnie,

Thank you for writing such a positive review following your stay at the Dazzler Recoleta.
We are delighted that you had a great experience and that you enjoyed our property and the different amenities we offer.

Sincerily,
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I made two bookings. one of them i had to cancel. unfortunately the hotel cancelled the wrong one. when i wanted to check in, they were fully booked. but they charged my credit card for the first booking as now show - which was not my fault.

Neither did they apologize nor did l receive an answer on my mails asking to refund my the wrong charging of my credit card - which l had to do over the credit card company. sorry, this is not the fine art of hospitality and a really pure customer service for such a hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank roland t
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 13, 2013

This could be a much better hotel. Staff were efficient but not approachable when I wanted more information about the local area. I was given a map but the staff seemed too busy to give me any further advice. This did not appear to be a good hotel for tourists although the location was great, No information about anything in the room, no instructions for TV. Computer access or air con and only tourist info was hidden away in the computer room upstairs. No bar, restaurant only open at certain times.
Hotel has a nice pool but as it was raining I couldn't use it and there did not appear to be a lounge area, certainly I was not told about one and it wasn't immediately obvious.
I had a early flight and the hotel said they couldn't provide me with a take away breakfast as the staff don't start until 6 am. What would it take to provide some fruit, yogourt, juice etc
Rooms were nice and clean although there was a small generator outside my window which was quite noisy.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Dorothy S
Lima
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We were offered this hotel by the airline we flight with to Buenos Aires.
The good: location, nice staff, spacious rooms, king size beds.
The bad: the hotel has poor maintenance, is not very clean,grey and dirty walls,small single sheets with no mattress pads, awfull pillows....
We won't be back in this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Caroll C
Paradise Valley, Arizona, United States
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are nice and spacious. The TV did not work, there's no trashcan anywhere except in the bathroom. The breakfast is pretty weak, after two days we went and got our own breakfast elsewhere even though it was included in the price. Someone desperately needs to mop the breakfast room floor. The location was fantastic, close to wonderful parilla's and the Recoleta cemetary.

• Stayed November 2013
Florence, Italy
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

We have spent only one night in this hotel, but we really appreciated the location in the quite district of Recoleta, the design atmosphere, the big, clean and cozy bedroom and the friendly and helpful staff. Probably it's not the least expensive option in Buenos Aires but it's definitely a good deal.

• Stayed November 2013