“The best location”
Review of Dazzler Recoleta

Dazzler Recoleta
Ranked #103 of 440 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I have stayed here several times. The location is great, walking distance to food, entertainment, attractions, close to Newberry airport. The rooms have good size, comfortable beds, good linens. Personal is very helpful and friendly. Right now there is a construction next door, which only gave me a excellent rate, but i do not mind the sound since i am out most of the day.

Room Tip: Front rooms have an excellent view of the famous cemetery with a skyline background
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank alejandraalmada
Write a ReviewReviews (1,438)

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Stayed at the Dazzler Recoleta for Three nights, location is excellent as it is round the corner from the well known cemetery, there are good restaurants nearby - most of the most important museums are also nearby.
The hotel is minimalist and has a very modern decor, the bedrooms are light and beautifully designed " Less is more" in this case and they are large and very comfortable, the bathrooms are small for the size of the bedroom. This type of design needs constant attention to detail, one could see some marks of wear and tear.
Breakfast is excellent and plentiful. Breakfast room is very pleasant and it fills with light in the morning and looks onto the pool courtyard.
Most reviewers complain about the size and the speed of the lifts but I found them to be ok.
I tried the pool in March I found it dirty and very cold. The sauna wasn't hot enough.
Staff in reception was pleasant and professional.

Room Tip: Try to select a room on the upper floors looking at the back ( Recoleta)
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 7 nights in November for an unbelievable rate of 127 USD total per night including taxes. I was able to negotiate this rate since we are staying there for a 7 nights. I started communicating with them through email but this was frustrating because they don't respond quickly. I have to call them every time to say that there's an email and can you respond to that. They do respond after you call. I have great attention to detail and a need for quiet rooms since I am a light sleeper. Because we were staying there for 7 days, I had to make sure that this was the right place. I started communicating with Ana, she spoke perfect english and provided me with the details I needed. She doesn't respond to emails quickly but once you call her on the phone she then answers all your questions. After going through the Q&A game, decided to keep my booking.

After a long horrific flight from the US we arrived in the hotel at midnight. The checkin was easy but they had bad news for us, some of the rooms do not have electricity. We were given a room on the 10th floor facing the cemetery and as we entered the room, there was no electricity. We called the front desk and they said it will be in 30 mins. After an hour at around 2 am there was still no electricity. There were demonstrations going on in BA at the time we arrived and a few days before that against the corruption and there was some political unrest. What the government does it to turn off electricity to pretty much tell people to stop their demonstrations. I understand that this is not within the hotel's control but they could have made it easier for the customers by providing a generator ir not a generator then some flashlight. We we had to open the door to get light from the lobby while brushing our teeth coz the bathroom was pitch black. After not sleeping for 48 hours from a grueling flight, it was another sleepless night coz it was in the 90s and there was no air conditioning. I woke up sweating and there was still no electricity the next day. The people in the front desk didnt care much. We asked for candles or flashlight and they said we have none. This situation was handled poorly. At around 10 am, the electricity came back. That was a rough start to our vacation. The blackout, not their fault but how they handled it, big time disaster. This is the main reason why my rating is low. The test of a well run hotel is when challenges like this happen and they failed big time.

I decided to just relax that day and lounge in the pool. They have a nice pool area and a gym, It was not crowded at all and it was a real nice relaxing sunny afternoon. The design of this hotel is clean lines and modern, if you are into this like me then you will like it. The rooms are good size and the bed was quite comfortable. Although this hotel was on a very busy street, we had no external noise issues because we were facing the cemetery which was a beautiful view. However because these are hardwood floors, you can easily hear people walking upstairs if they are wearing heels, not so good for the sound sensitive individual like me. There were times that I was awakened in the evening when our upstairs neighbors were coming home from the bars walking in those stilettos. I find the lighting in the room insufficient, you have these lamps close to the bed but when your in the sitting area there are no lights. Its not a problem during the day but when im going through my luggage at night, I cant see what im doing. The bathroom was ample size with a tub. The cleaning was touch and go, there were days where they only gave us one towel so we had to ask for towels downstairs and when we asked for it, they told us to come down and get it. Yikes!

The breakfast was just ok, nothing to really rave about but this is Argentina and I think this would be one of the best hotel breakfast that you can get with the most selection unless you stay at the intercontinental or the alvear palace hotel and pay a ton of money.

The only thing that saved this hotel from getting 2 stars from me is the service specifically from the ladies from the reception desk Ana and Tamra in the morning and another dark haired lady who ive seen in the evening and who checked us out. These girls give outstanding service, the men who work in this hotel are useless when you ask them questions or you need something especially the men who work in the evening. THEY NEED TO GO BACK TO TRAINING SCHOOL! So if you need good information/advise or anything ask for these ladies.

Would I stay here again? maybe if I get a good price again. The location is great coz theres so much going on in Recoleta. Shopping, restaurants etc. Theres a shopping mall right beside the hotel and the cemetery is just behind. Buses are easy to catch from the hotel but the train is quite a walk away but still walkable. If you want something less busy and upscale then go by the Alvear Palace there are some really nice hotels there, if we can afford it we would like to stay there. Puerto Madero is the newer part of town where all these new highrises are being built and you have the faena hotel which is just fabulous. I dont think I would stay there if its my first time in town coz its just not central but if I were an expat I would like in this area. Palermo Soho and Hollywood are party and shopping places, again if im a first timer, its not where I want to be. It would be a good area to soak the lifestyle, culture and blend in with the locals.

shopping for leather? Murillo street, bring your haggling skills and your USD cash and they will give you a better discount. But be careful with the quality, especially zippers, make sure you test them well.

Ana recommended Sarkis which is an armenian restaurant. It was very very good with reasonable prices. She also recommended tea connection which is a nice lunch place. Ana has great recommendations

Room Tip: facing the cemetery
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AlexisRF
Fën H, Gerente at Dazzler Recoleta, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and I am truly sorry to hear about the inconvenience that you had. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for the challenge you have experienced as this does not reflect at all our normal standards of service.

We will obviously review this issue in order to avoid any future occurence.

Once again sorry for that. However I hope that you will give us the opportunity to show you our high level of services on your next visit.

King Regards

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Hotel is nice and well located. Rooms are large and beds are king sized. Bathroom tub has one of those half glass doors and if you take a shower with average water pressure the entire bathroom gets flooded. Service if very attentive and friendly. Bfast is average - nothing special.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Dazzler Tower Recoleta and for taking the time to give us a feedback. We would like to have you as our guest in the near future to make your next stay special.

Kind Regards

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights at the end of December. Both the room and the bathroom were big and spacious.
We didn't try the swimmingpool. It's not huge but there seemed to be just a few people in teh pool area.
The gym looks directly to the swimming pool area so everybody can see you running on the treadmill from there or from the windows in the breakfast area.
The breakfast area is notvery big but functional.
We used the laudry service and they were very quick (we had our clothes back that very evening even though we didn't request an express service)

The hotel in general is very clean, with loads of light and space. There's nothing particularly amazing about it but it's confortable, well serviced and location is very good.
The only 'down' was the mouldy humidity patch behind the curtains. It didn't smell or anything but they definitely will need to sort out that room

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Fën H, Gerente at Dazzler Recoleta, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for share your experience at Dazzler Tower Recoleta. We are working to improve day by day to generate experiences in our guest.

Thanks again.

Sincerely

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Comfortable rooms, pleasant staff and good location in Recoleta. Usable training facilities in the gym, but the pool is mostly for show. If you want to stay in this quiet part of the town, a good choice.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Fën H, Gerente at Dazzler Recoleta, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience at Dazzler Tower Recoleta. We are intensifying the maintenance of the pool, we hope you can enjoy it on your next visit to Buenos Aires.

Sincerely

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We had 2 nights here. It's location in Ricoleta is really central. The front desk staff were good. The room was not all that clean but if you can overlook that then it's worth considering. It's newly refurbished and the view over the cemetery is awesome - possibly the best you'll get. Walls are a bit thin.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the cemetery ... No really!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We really appreciate your comments and it is a great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay. Regarding your comments, we will verify them carefully.

Best Regards