“Crisp, clean and efficient”
Review of Dazzler Recoleta

Dazzler Recoleta
Ranked #122 of 446 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Crisp, clean and efficient”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I was booked in here by Lan, who had stuffed up my flights. I was not expecting much. I was pleased with my stay here. The room was clean and tastefully, if minimally, decorated. My room overlooked the cemetery, which was picturesque in the setting sun. The pool and gym were both good. I left too early for breakfast but staff made up some sandwiches the night before - good service, which is always appreciated, given the vagaries of travel. Location is reasonably safe, with good restaurants in easy walking distance.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Arabic first
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed here for two weeks and the service was not up to standard of the price. The swimming pool was dirty, internet often did not work, the lady at reception during the day was rude and when I would call reception for help with something, they would take hours to come sort the problem out.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Recently I stayed here for 2 nights. I don't think I could have made a better choice than the Dazzler Recoleta. It ticked all the boxes for me and I left feeling re-energized after a hectic few days of traveling.

From the very outset the staff were courteous, insightful and helpful. Check in was efficient and straightforward while also being friendly and informative.

My room (1009), on the street side of the hotel, was on the 10th floor and was pretty enormous with excellent AC. The door out to the small balcony did not open however rendering the space utterly useless especially to a smoker in a non-smoking hotel. This is my only quibble with the room. The safe was easy to use and the minibar had a basic selection of snacks, sodas, waters, wines, whisky and Fernet.

The bathroom was complete with good towels and basic toiletries and the shower was powerful. My bathroom had a bath with shower overhead so it didn't flood out onto the floor like so many other Reviewers have noted. Perhaps not every room has a bath like mine.
Cleaning service was good; they came at a reasonable time each day.

The pool at the back of the hotel gets good sunlight at this time of the year (January), from around 10am until 4pm. However there are only around 10 loungers in total to be shared amongst all the guests. They are much sought after and they need at least ten more. There is also an upper tier above the basic gym (which I didn't use; but saw it had some good equipment) which people seem to avoid because there are no loungers there. Seems to be a waste of space which could be a real asset. Pool towels are in good supply and there are excellent showering and changing rooms.

Wi-Fi was available but service was patchy. It involved logging in every time you changed location although thankfully the log in and passwords were the same throughout the hotel despite the location of the strongest router.

If you're looking for poolside cocktails then you're better off bringing your own; there is no bar on site - the choice is limited to what you'll find in your minibar. The Kioskos all sell beers, sodas and liquors; get creative - the staff don't seem to mind!

Breakfast was OK; some good fresh fruit, juices and hot beverages like tea and coffee. Some dubious looking cheeses and sugary pastries. Scrambled eggs were not terribly appetizing. Stick to the fruits and cereals and the "medialunas con manteca" (butter croissants; the other type, "medialunas con grasa" are made with beef fat - GROSS! - although most tourists, even the veggies, don't seem to understand this; universal throughout Argentina) with some Dulce de leche and you'll have a good breakfast.

This is a basic 4 star hotel and it achieves this rating very well by not pretending to be anything it is not. Cleanliness standards are excellent, the service is efficient and friendly and the building is fresh, modern and thoughtfully appointed.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who, after a few weeks traveling around South America, wants to experience a clean, efficient hotels while not being too fussed about an authentic experience full of the oft pedaled "charm & tango" school of Argentine hospitality (this place is so much better than that).

Remember however that this is a 4 star hotel; the building gives the impression of a higher status so don't be disappointed when you don't receive a turn down service of chocolate on your pillow!

Location is superb with many taxis passing in both directions right outside. Tourist attractions like the Recoleta cemetery (around the corner) and Theater Colon are a short walk away and the neighbourhood has some excellent little cafes for lunch (especially "El Gusto Es Nuestro" on Pacheco de Melo and Laprida).

Special mention to Ana on the Front Desk - a consummate hospitality professional who is friendly, competent and charming, She adds amazing value to the property and will do her very best to ensure your stay is a memorable one.

I can't recommend this hotel enough for a short stay and I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front (street side) on the lower floors I expect would be noisier than those on the upp...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank FreshEire A
Valinhos, SP
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I travelled to Buenos Aires few days ago and choose Dazzler Tower based on some recommendations. In general I felt a little disapointed, I was expecting a little more from the hotel.

Positive points
- localization - very close to Recoleta Cemetery and one block from a mall
- very stylish and clean
- new hotel with no old stuff
- room with good space and great bed
- Dulce de leche in breakfast
- Easy to leave and walk away or take a taxi

Regular
- Breakfast, normal, enough but kind of simple.

Negative
- Room service, bed was not perfect done
- Few towels and no replacement
- Missing to check basic toilete items in bathroom

I had a good time in Buenos Aires, the city is very beautifull with several parks. But it is too expansive at this moment.

Room Tip: All apartments are the same, I stayed in the back side, pool and cemetery view, no noise at all, ver...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rmandl
Fën H, Gerente at Dazzler Recoleta, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding Dazzler Recoleta.

We appreciate the time you took to write so that we may continue improving our establishment. Everything you have said is taken into account, so that we may have you as our guest in the near future and thus make your next stay a special one.

Kind Regards

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 nights during our stay in Buneos Aires. The rooms were very large and very well appointed. We had hard wood floors throughout and we had plenty of room to spread out. We were a little worried about the shower issues several people have posted about but we had no issues and just tried to be careful not to splash everywhere!

The hotel is located in a safe location and walking around is just fine.

The gym was another reason we booked this property. It served our needs just find. The treadmill was broken one day but it was fixed the next day after we reported it. The pool is not heated and was not kept super clean when we were there so that may have been why it was not really used. The breakfast was ok and helped us out in the mornings.

Overall this property is a good value and we would recommend.

• Stayed January 2013
Fën H, Gerente at Dazzler Recoleta, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are most appreciative of all your positive comments and delighted you enjoyed your accommodations and the service.

Sincerely

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The hotel is in a great location and rooms at the back of the hotel overlook the Recoleta Cemetary. The rooms are a decent size and the furnishings are comfortable. The pool is very small but the workout room is decent. Breakfast is somewhat limited although they did have eggs some of the days we were there.

I wouldn't recommend using their staff for references for tango shows or dinner or day trips - every single one we used them for got messed up, so it just wasn't worth it. Use it as a limited service hotel and you will be fine.

Room Tip: A high floor at the back of the hotel gives you views of the Recoleta Cemetary
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Cynthia S
Fën H, Gerente at Dazzler Recoleta, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a feedback on your experience. We apologize for not providing an excellent experience.

I would like to assure you that we constantly strive to achieve the highest level of service and I truly regret we fell short of our goal with you.

I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Sincerely

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Nicely located in between Recoleta cemetery and the local neighbourhood. Room was clean and modern. Try to get a room in the back and on a high floor to avoid the traffic noise of the main road.

Staff were very helpful, in particular Ana who helped with our initial reservation.

The rates are reasonable for the area and facilities - gym, smallish pool, free wifi.

The biggest downside is the breakfast which is somewhat basic, though plentiful.

• Stayed December 2012