“Excellent Tour of Buenos Aires”

The Hummingbird Trip - BA Outings with Loli
Ranked #46 of 293 Tours in Buenos Aires
More attraction details
Owner description: Unlock the REAL BA. 100% tailored and private experiences. Loli designs unique Outings based on your sole interests and needs. Whether you are visiting its landmarks, tasting local delicacies, meeting an artist at his atelier or involving yourself in a social subject, you will engage the true local lifestyle and beauty of Buenos Aires. Get to places difficult to access as a foreigner. Travel comfortably in a private and spacey SUV. Loli also plans tailor made trips in Argentina, Chile and Uruguay. Talk to her before planning yours, she will be able to create unique experiences for your entire trip. Get insider's knowledge + navigation for savvy city trekkers. There aren't two BA Outings alike.
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Having arrived after a long flight from England in the morning, Loli took us out for a tour of Buenos Aires which lasted five hours including an excellent lunch. We were taken around all the areas of the city and were able to explore on foot at various stops. Loli's English is excellent and she was very knowledgeable about the history of her ciry. Would thoroughly recommend this trip to anyone visiting for the first time.

2  Thank Susan499616

Reviewed February 7, 2012

A couple of days before my trip to South America I realised that I wanted to photograph hummingbirds. I found Loli mentioned here and contacted her to see if she could arrange this for me. She was really excited - at the time I didn't realise that her website was "The Hummingbird Trip" (http://www.thehummingbirdtrip.com/).

We kept in contact during the early stages of my holiday and, by the time I made it to Buenos Aires, Loli had the perfect day organised for me. It started with a trip on the canals out from Tigre to Los Pecanes (http://www.hosterialospecanes.com/English/Main/Index.htm) on one of the islands in the delta. Los Pecanes is located in an area designated as Biosphere Reserve by the UNESCO and hummingbirds flock to the hosteria. As an added bonus, one of the family members photographs the hummingbirds using the same lens I brought with me. He set up a shoot and gave photography tips on how to catch the perfect hummingbird shot. A real bonus for a novice with limited time.

Loli listened to what I wanted to do and found the perfect spot. She customised the day to my exact requirements. I can't recommend her highly enough.

2  Thank MariannePurdie
Reviewed January 13, 2012

It was my first time in Buenos Aires and I really wanted to explore the city, understand its history, how the city has evolved, its secrets and how people live and think.

We went by car and we saw the most important parts of the city and those we do not yet know. A bottle of water and a chocolate Alfajores Havanna to start the day. We had all the explanations we wanted to, we learned a lot and especially this allowed us to better define areas in the context. We stopped to eat a choripan at el Pueblito del tio, in the open air and it was just perfect! Then we continued our visit, had a coffee in the Cafe Tortoni, a real institution. We have seen the district of La Boca, the famous Bombonera and enjoyed the bright colors and graffitis present on almost every wall. In the evening, we were tired but so happy for this visit and I strongly recommend this very professional guide to anyone who wishes to explore this beautiful and amazing city.

As I was leaving two days later to Iguazu, Loli kindly recommended a wonderful address and one night, I tried the fish. It was a real delight and you can definitely test the restaurant La Rueda.

I think the most important point is that Loli is able to adapt activities and visits, depending on needs and desires of each person. She perfectly knows Argentina and her knowledge, advices and professionalism is really appreciated.

2  Thank Danila F
Reviewed January 10, 2012

We had a chance to use Loli's services while on a recent visit to BA. She knows the city very well and can give you an excellent advice on the late night outings, local hangouts as well as great places to eat. Loli is exceptionally helpful, taking notes of your interests during the tour and then sending a very detailed email later in the day with answers to all the questions. In addition to giving a nice, "off the beaten path" tour of La Boca and other parts of BA, Loli helped us with restaurant bookings, tango clubs, concerts, etc. Great service and very friendly.
It felt more like having a friend give you a tour of their city rather than someone who does it for a living.
Thank you Loli !

2  Thank alekkleb
Reviewed December 26, 2011

If you want to visit Buenos Aires off the beaten paths... THIS IS FOR YOU! Just call Loli Delger, you will be enchanted. I highly recommend to ask her for a customed city tour. She is definitely the right "porteña" who knows her beloved city by heart and make you feel for a few hours the real soul of the argentinian capital. History, arts, nature, food, everything you may need to know will be considered by Loli. She takes great care to satisfy your wishes to discover parts of BA walking or driving or both. Everything is possible! Friendly, lovely and very professional, you won't be disapointed. In my case, it was like visiting Buenos Aires with a good and generous friend.

3  Thank Melanzana14