“Excellent Tour of Recoleta” 5 of 5 bubbles

Buena Onda Free Tour
Ranked #59 of 271 Tours in Buenos Aires
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: FREE WALKING TOURS! English - Espanol - Francais - Portugues. During our 2-hour walk we show you the highlights of RECOLETA, a residential district with a huge historical and architectural background, and also the Recoleta Cemetery, the 3rd most important cemetery in the world due to its architectural and sculptural heritage. Visit our website, check our schedule and let us know the date you will join us. Find us in red T-shirts or badges that say "Buena onda Free Tour".
world
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Excellent Tour of Recoleta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

We took the tour with Carolina on Nov 29th. Carolina gave an excellent 2.5 hour tour of the Recoleta cemetary and the mansions on the Recoleta neighborhood. Her English is very good and she is well versed in Argentine history. I enjoyed the tour thoroughly and recommend you to tip her well for her excellent work. She is a very nice person and the tour is very informative and fun. Highly recommended.

20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Lovely time with two friendly locals, a new perspective on the neighbourhood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

We were lucky enough to be the only ones to go on the tour this Saturday afternoon and it was a lovely way to spend the time. Gabriel and Carolina were enthusiastic and informative, spoke excellent English and provided useful bitesize information for people like us who had very limited knowledge of Argentinian history. They are very down to earth and clearly enthused to be showing off their neighbourhood and it was a relaxing way to spend the after and appreciate the streets of Recoleta for more than a place of pretty buildings and statues. Thanks!

Tel Aviv, Israel
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Very informative tour with Friendly,English Speaking guides”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

I have taken similar trips at various capital cities around the world and this one did not disappoint. The guides were very informative, speak very good english and brought along maps and pictures to enhance the experience. The tour starts at a very convenient time : 15:45 (taking into account the Buenos aires nightlife only ends in the morning after, there is no way to make it to some of the other trips that start in the mornings) and in addition it is actually the only free walking tour which is available on Sundays (the two other "companies" do their trips from Mon-Sat). However, this tour is slightly shorter than the others (2 hours) and covers a smaller area. If I had time I would do at least two out of the three and this is also my recommendation to my fellow travellers. Enjoy :-)

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a nice and fun Trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Hi,
last week i was walking over the beautiful cimetery in Buenos Aires and saw the Buena Onda Free Walking guides! I only wanted to ask them when the tour normaly starts so that i could join a other day... But they invited me to join them immediatly because the tour had only just begun. At the beginning i thougt, i would only join for a while but they where so nice and welcoming that i did the whole tour and i really enjoyed it. It was a nice, informative and funny time and i really can recommend this tour to everyone...

Visited October 2013
Sydney, Australia
“A great way spend an afternoon and learn of Buenos Aire fine history”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

I was recommended this tour by a fellow traveler at my hostel. Recoleta is a nice part of Buenos Aires with a lot of history. Both Gabriel and Carolina were there at the Pilar Church early. There was no need to book, just turn up. I was the only tourist at first and I thought they may wish to cancel, but no, to their credit they still conducted the tour. We were joined by another backpacker later which was good. Both tour guides had a very thorough knowledge of the area and it's history and also what it's like to be living in Buenos Aires. They are passionate about their work. Cost is however much you wish to pay, and they do deserve a good tip. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Visited October 2013