“Excellent place to eat”

Cuisines: Argentinean, Contemporary, Healthy
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Palermo
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Don't be put off by the graffiti and broken sidewalks in the neighbourhood, they seem to be endemic, and not at all indicative of the quality of this restaurant. You ring a doorbell for entry, this is common in small hotels and restaurants, and very friendly staff arrive to let you in to a modern, well-designed restaurant with an outdoors eating space upstairs. We were a party of seven arriving over a period of an hour and a half, due to flight delays. Two of us then another two had quite a wait for the rest of our party, but this was no problem as we ordered some starters and a bottle of wine (or two) and some water. By 10.45pm we were all sitting around the table, ordering from a small but very comprehensive menu, now available in English I'm glad to say! The food was excellent, the wine kept flowing (I lost track of how many bottles) and the dulce de leche icecream and chocolate mousse for dessert were very good indeed. Plates of cheese were also served for the non-dessert-eaters. The final bill including coffees, some beers, about 5 bottles of wine (?), some excellent malt whisky and liqueurs, was under £35 per person, which we thought was very good value indeed.
We had a wonderful evening, with great service and we strongly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank pampam2010
There are newer reviews for 4141 Restaurante

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Having been here for a couple of months, and then later a shorter week long trip this is by far the best food I've had. The service was spectacular, went on a Monday night with a friend, we shared the restaurant with only two other couples. The food was spectacular - and the meal is 30% off on weekdays if you get an appetizer, main dish and dessert. We were offered free house liqueur at the end and given chocolate, and he called a cab for us! We had salad and pumpkin soup, followed by fish and chicken, followed by chocolate mousse and apples and cream. It was pleasant, delicious and overall a fantastic experience. Strongly recommended!

1  Thank S N
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Beautiful food, probably the best we had for the 5 nights we were in BA. Nice atmosphere inside and our waiter was very attentive. Being English speakers we obviously found the menu hard to decipher, and the waiter was very helpful with bringing us through it. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

Located about 8 blocks from Plaza Serrano, 4141 has excellent food, attentive service and all the trendiness and elegance you want. At least for now, all that is to be had at way lower a price than one normally pays in Palermo. Order a three course feast and you will run into an automatic 20% (Friday/Saturday) to 30% (Monday to Thursday) discount. Closed Sunday. Large room upstairs available for parties. Honduras 4141, near the intersection with Gascon.

I have probably been to this restaurant 10 times. Why? Without wine, the bill will be just about 100 pesos in an elegant restaurant with great food and super attentive service. This venue was VERY well received by BAIN (Buenos Aires International Newcomers) members during a monthly dinner.

To me, this restaurant would be very competitive at 150% of its current price structure. No, I am not related to the owners and do not know them outside the restaurant; I just like this place this much!

My top picks:

Entradas: The dinner salad (“ensalada completa” is great, adding a variety of interesting and healthy ingredients to the normal bed of greens. The calabazas (squash) soup has just a touch of mint ice-cream for flavor and has been a surprise hit with all my guests (Argentine, US and European) that have tried it. I would probably not order the ceviche again, it is very well prepared but I live in a warm water port and am generally used to better fish than one comes across in Buenos Aires.

Pastas: The Sorrentinos with cheese and pear pieces couples foods I would not expect to eat together, and it worked really well. This is a very rich dish; pairing it with a salad could be best. I would not order the Fideua para 2 (essentially a noodle based Paella) again, but again it is well prepared and seasoned but I am just not impressed with available shrimp supplies.

Main Courses. You will not go wrong. Three favorites:

* Bandiola del Cerdo (pork shoulder). Unbelievably tasty, this meat almost melts in your mouth. But the chef (who is a co-owner; it shows) has a good knack for picking pieces that have good sized sections of reasonably lean meat.

* Tapas de Asado Braseado. Very tasty and lean strips of meat with your choice of quite interesting side dishes.

* Lenguado: very interesting, and this time it is a very good local fish prefect for the dish in which it is used. The creamed cauliflower sauce is liquified and delicious.

Desserts: A clear winner is the Helado de Casero (home made dulce del leche ice cream). It is light, almost like a whip rather than an icecream, and delicious. The mini-pancakes in the 5 part degustacion de postres (dessert selection) are good, too. Sometimes I ask for a mix of just those two desserts, and they happily oblige.

1  Thank Jim_Isaacs
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Don't miss the special pasta - homemade and delicious. The staff was wonderful and professional and the location in Palermo is very easy to manage. Please don't miss this little but sensational place.

1  Thank bsintempe b