“Great individual lesson” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tango Alejandro Gee

Tango Alejandro Gee
More attraction details
Owner description: NEW!!! Best deal! Limited offer! FREE 10 DAYS ACCOMMODATION in a beautiful tango house if you book a package of 10 intensive private tango classes!
London, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great individual lesson”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

I had read about Alejandro and his lessons in the newspaper in London - and whilst in Buenos Aires for a couple of days thought it would be good to have an individual lesson, with the hope of making the most of the time. It surpassed expectations - and I was able to have two lessons, on consecutive days - the first with Alejandro and the second with Alejandro and Jou Jou. They were both friendly and professional and extremely patient. I highly recommend them and will be looking to book in with them again if I ever get the chance to return !

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Catherine W
Alejandro G, Owner at Tango Alejandro Gee, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Thank you for your words. I was a pleasure to meet you and to teach you tango. You were able to assimilate the information very well and feel the music. I hope you continue learning and dancing. Un abrazo!

Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“I learned so much in 1 hour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

Yesterday, I visited Alejandro and Jou Jou's tango class. My date and I were complete beginners. When we arrived we realized we were the only two there for the class. Our own private tango class!

We began with complete fundamentals, learning how we need to position our bodies and breathe, how to walk, and finally how to use my body to tell my partner where I was going. It was fun, very personal, and the real thing.

I have so much respect now for real tango.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Joe M
Bangkok, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The real tango effect.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

I have been dancing tango regularly for three years and I was so confident that I can walk. Not until I took my first private lesson with Alejandro! I had to start all the basic movements all over again. Alejandro was professional and patient. He wasn't just teaching the tango but he also shared his knowledge of music and tips for attending the milonga. I have been taking eight lessons and by the end of my tango holiday my dancing had improved so much. I had thumbs up from the local dancers both leaders and followers. I'm so glad to have found Alejandro and learned tango with him. If you are a social dancer, who enjoys dancing the milonguero style I would highly recommend lessons with Alejandro.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Passion_Drama
USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic Teacher”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

We literally just got home after taking our first tango lesson with Alejandro Gee and Jou Jou. My wife and I have never taken tango lessons before, and due to a foot problem that my wife has just recently recovered from, we haven't done much if any dancing at all in the past couple of years.

Since we are only going to be in Buenos Aires for a few days we wanted to try our hand at learning Tango, and it was something we definitely didn't regret.

Alejandro and Jou Jou were extremely patient with us, especially since we have all the grace of zombies... or robots... or zombie robots.

From this one experience we were introduced to how nuanced, passionate, and intimate tango is, and it's something that we want to explore in the future. Unfortunately we won't be in BA long enough to continue taking classes.

I don't know enough about dance to provide the comments that other reviewers with more dance experience can provide... but what i can say is this:

- The location is very clean very professional, and oozes the spirit of tango
- Alejandro and Jou Jou are extremely patient and understanding
- They are also very technical and can correct minor shifts in your posture and movements to ensure you are doing things correctly
- Watching them dance together is a thing of beauty and grace
- A 90 minute class was not enough! It left me wanting more!!!!

So please do this if you have any inkling of a desire to learn tango. You won't regret it.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank bjjcaveman
Gainesville, Florida
“Consider yourself lucky...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

If you are in Buenos Aires (or in the US, where Alejandro Gee also regularly teaches workshops), and you have the opportunity to take tango classes with Alejandro, consider yourself extremely lucky. You have found one of the best teachers, no matter whether you are a beginner or an advanced dancer, or if you come as a couple, or alone. Not only is he extremely kind and a fantastic dancer, he has a superb understanding of technique, psychology, and body mechanics. He will be able to pinpoint exactly, gently, and on a fundamental level, how you can improve your dancing; and what's more, your body (and not just your mind) will feel it too. I've never had a teacher (and I've had many) who was able to work on such an intense level of mind/body "awareness," and work on balance, posture, and walking really from the "inside out." His classes are transformative, and not just in terms of the improvement of your dancing.

Visited December 2013