“Argentino Tango Workshop” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tango Alejandro Gee

Tango Alejandro Gee
More attraction details
Owner description: NEW!!! Best deal! Limited offer! FREE 10 DAYS ACCOMMODATION in a beautiful tango house if you book a package of 10 intensive private tango classes!
Seattle
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Argentino Tango Workshop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

I attended a workshop and took a private with Alejandro this past Summer in Seattle. He was in town touring the Northwest, with stops in Vancouver (Canada) and Montana.

Every tango teacher has something different to offer. And many times, what you get, depends on where you are at. This time around my experience would be mainly technique, and dancing in the context of the music and orchestra.

One of the highlights for me was learning drills and technique for keeping the knees straight when walking. Now my movements are more precise and clean. Usually learning technique takes personal feedback. Although I took a private and had just that, Alejandro also did a good job of circulating around the room during the workshop.

My favorite class was Alejandro fitting his mindset and movement, to the 4 major orchestras in turn. In a short period of time, he was able to present a framework for how to approach a given tanda.

Alejandro is professional, patient, and focused on the feeling of the dance which is oftentimes quite hard to to teach!

1 Thank Everett X
Alejandro G, Owner at Tango Alejandro Gee, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you! it was great to see you improving and enjoying your learning process. Continue practicing and dancing!

Seattle, Washington
“Get to the next level in Tango with Maestro Gee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

After dancing Tango for nearly three years (mostly salon and some nuevo), I was waiting for an opportunity to learn the authentic milonguero style and was delighted to find out that Alejandro was coming to North America on a teaching tour. I took a group class and three private lessons. He is a serious, committed instructor with a wealth of knowledge which he presents in a methodical and logical way. His teaching style is intense and relaxed (paradoxically) at the same time, his English excellent and he makes you look and feel beautiful on the dance floor! Overall, it was a joyful experience and I feel grateful to the maestro for taking me to the next level. Will definitely look him up when in Buenos Aires!

Irene Johnson
Seattle/Los Angeles

Visited June 2013
Thank you! it was great to see your enthusiasm with learning more tango, I enjoyed working with you. Continue dancing!
Washington
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

Alejandro is an excellent dancer with the patience of a saint when he teaches. I took group lessons and a private lesson from him at a small workshop in Bozeman, Montana, and it was worth every penny.

Visited June 2013
Thank you! it was very nice to meet you and I enjoyed teaching you tango. Take care and continue dancing!
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Tango the original way!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Alejandro and jou jou were wonderful teachers. I only had one lesson, however I learnt so much about the history and culture of Tango. They taught me from scratch, learning the posture, the stance and the breathing even before taking a step. it was amazing to feel the tango movement. i didnt think i would be able to accomplish as much as i did, as it didnt come naturally for me, however with the fundamentals being reinforced, amazingly the understanding of the dance began.
The experience taught me so much about myself, I'm sure I will continue to tango at home. We also visited a milonga recommended by Alejandro, and this experience gave us a much better understanding of the culture of tango.

Visited May 2013
Portland, Oregon
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great experience, great way to learn Tango.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

My wife and I took five lessons from Alejandro and his partner JouJou. I can say that for both of us these classes exceeded our expectations and we were sad to see Friday, and our last lesson, arrive. Our plan is to return to Buenos Aires to once again enjoy this remarkable experience and, of course, this remarkable city. Alejandro and JouJou teach the traditional Tango, not as a series of memorized steps, but as a process, as a sense of communication, of movement together. They share the history of Tango, the culture and even where to attend a milonga, where they also attended. They both teach with skill, passion and understanding. And, especially for me, the emphasis is on understanding because nothing was natural for me. But they kept on emphasizing the fundamentals, and as a result in my life overall I have more awareness of my posture, my walk and the way I stand.

As instructors Alejandro and JouJou wonderfully complement each other, each providing insights and feedback. Plus, each of the two people attending the lesson get individual attention throughout the lesson. I was expecting only one instructor, but was glad for both to be there and for the help we received from both.

Most of all, I now have at least some understanding of the beauty of the Tango, how it brings people together for a kind of shared experience that is almost completely lacking in my native culture from the USA, certainly in any kind of dominant form. We are glad from our limited experience, and hope someday to attend a milonga and be dancers ourselves. As you will learn, there is much more here than just a dance!

Visited March 2013