“Quality all the way”

Tango Alejandro Gee
More attraction details
Owner description: NEW!!! Best deal! Limited offer! FREE 10 DAYS ACCOMMODATION in a beautiful tango house if you book a package of 10 intensive private tango classes!
Oslo, Norway
“Quality all the way”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Do you really want to spend your money well, choose Alejandro and JouJou. No matter your level, you will get max of your 90 minutes.
No waisting of time, they are serious and passionate teachers, with huge knowledge of tango, dance, body and mind. They will do their best to efficiently transfer it to you ... They are nice, kind people who truly love the tango, they are both real milongeros, and they will also help you with other things around tango (milongas, history, kulture...), if you need.
Are you beginner, I can promise that you will go out of class smiling and dancing. If already dancing, Ale and Joujou will surely be able to help you to improve your tecnicue ... I could go on and on about the quality of instruction and level of dance technique, but you just must experience it by your self!
I stayed in their beutiful house for 3 weeks in February 2013, and took lessions in their wonderful studio. I will never forget that time... I loved the tango from my first encounter with it, but now I enjoy my dancing even more, and there is plenty of tings that ”loosens” now, thanks to these two lovely people.
I miss you Ale and JouJou!

Visited February 2013

Boca Raton, Florida
“The best in Buenos Aires”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I decided to take on the challenge of the Tango dance while visiting Buenos Aires. I read many reviews. Alejandro had many good reviews, so I decided to see if he was available during the time I was there. It worked out perfect. He is a very advanced dancer and he had the patience to teach me the concept and the passion of the dance. It is much more than just the steps. He worked on communication while dancing because the woman must follow what the man tells her to do. His English level is proficient . I took 1 weeks lessons and plan to continue in Boca Raton. Alejandro is remarkable!!!

Visited March 2013
Courtenay, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Quality Instruction”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Alejandro offers high quality instruction particularly in milonga style tango. I took private lessons daily for over a week and made significant progress working on basic techniques essential for a good foundation in tango and an elegant form. Alejandro teaches about how to follow and lead rather than learning a fixed sequence of dance steps so that his students can dance in a creative improvisational style with different partners. A video of my dancing was made so I could see where I need to make corrections, which was helpful. Many of the tango venues in B.A. are teaching 'tourist tango'. Alejandro is authentic in his style, technique, and backgound. Many tango instructors teach only in Spanish, but Alejandro speaks excellent English which I found helpful in getting the most out of the classes. He has a beautiful studio with a wood floor, air-conditioning, and a real 'tango' ambience. He also taught me a lot about tango culture and gave me lots of good advice about where to dance in the city. You will find Alejandro to be a charming and interesting person to meet in your travels. There are so many tango instructors in Buenos Aires that it is hard to know which to choose. I am very pleased that I connected with this particular instructor and I highly recommend his private classes.

Visited January 2013
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Tango Feeling”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I had been dancing tango in my home country for over a year and had decided to stay for a while in Buenos Aires to speed up my learning.

When I first heard about Alejandro and saw his ratings on TripAdvisor, I was sceptical, because the ratings appeared too good to be true. However, at the same time I was curious to try out a class, because when I saw him dancing in a video, his style was different from what I was used to. He danced much closer to his partner and did not appear to make complicated moves. I am glad I tried out his class.

The first class I took with him and his partner (Erzebet or Joujou) was unlike any other class I had taken before. I was dancing with his partner, who constantly gave feedback about how my lead felt, while Alejandro was observing me from the side and correcting me as well.

Alejandro and Erzebet do not teach tango steps, they teach how to step tango. They explained me to be stable on the ground, to make a connection with the chest to feel what the partner is doing, to have a nice embrace and to listen to the music.

I have been taking classes once a week ever since my first class, because I keep learning from them. They observe very well what you can improve and explain it very well. Before meeting them, I was not dancing, I was thinking about how to guide (or force) my partner in a sequence of steps without being aware or caring about how my guiding felt. They made me aware about how I should keep my feet, knees, belly, back, chest, shoulders, arms, hands, head and much more so it feels comfortable for the partner you dance with.

Alejandro and Erzebet will not learn you how to impress the people who are watching you, but they will learn you how to impress the people you dance with. For me, this is what dancing tango is about, it is not so much about giving a show as it is about having a nice feeling.

Moreover, they are very friendly people who like to listen to you and their place is very cosy.

I definitely recommend them to anyone, from beginner to advanced who is learning tango!

Visited September 2012
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Brilliant!!”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My family and I were in South America from the UK for Christmas and New Year. We spent a couple of days in BA were we had a Tango lesson with Alejandro. It was BRILLIANT. Having been to a tango show the night before we were all very excited about learning some moves. He was not only a great teacher he made it really fun! I would highly recommend him! He would definitely have a giggle at us trying to practice what we learnt while cooking dinner at home in the kitchen.

Visited December 2012