“Amazing introduction to the world of tango”

Tango Alejandro Gee
More attraction details
Owner description: NEW!!! Best deal! Limited offer! FREE 10 DAYS ACCOMMODATION in a beautiful tango house if you book a package of 10 intensive private tango classes!
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My tango lesson with Alejandro and his partner Joujou was one of the highlights of my trip to Buenos Aires. From the moment I walked into their beautiful studio in a 100 year old building, hearing tango playing in the background, I knew I was in for a special experience. Alejandro and Joujou are very passionate about the traditional style of tango dancing and are clearly excited to share their wealth of knowledge and expertise. They are meticulous about every little detail, making sure that from your very first step, you are learning properly. As a professional ballet dancer, I really appreciated this attention to detail. It was incredible how much I learned in just two lessons during my brief stay in BA. I wish I could have gone back for more! Alejandro and Joujou opened up the world of authentic tango to us in Argentina, with their recommendations of where to go to experience milonga at its finest. They also sent me some wonderful music to dance to at home, and because of Joujou's encouragement and recommendation of a shop, I am a very proud owner of a beautiful new pair of tango shoes. Alejandro and Joujou are great people and talented dancers and instructors. Highly recommended.

Alejandro G, Owner at Tango Alejandro Gee, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Hola!
Thank you very much for your review. We were very pleased to have you here and to teach you tango. You learned incredibly fast and showed passion for the culture, the dance, and the music of tango! We hope you continue learning and dancing! saludos!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

After having taken group lessons in London for 4 years, during which I made only moderate progress in my opinion, I knew that private lessons are the best way to achieve significant improvements. Alejandro and his partner were very patient with me and I learnt more in 2 days than in 2 years! I was most impressed with the transition and improvement from day 1 to day 2. Next time I'm in Buenos Aires I will certainly go back. Meanwhile, I will invest in private lessons in London and put my re-discovered motivation into practice.

Alejandro G, Owner at Tango Alejandro Gee, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Hola Melanie,

Thank you very much for your review. I am glad your tango has improved, with the lessons, and that you are enthusiastic about continuing dancing and improving. You were an excellent student, focused and willing to learn, which was a big part of your positive learning experience. All the best!

Reviewed July 7, 2012

I never know what to expect when I take tango lessons and I am always fearful the maestro will teach something beyond my grasp. What a surprise my encounter with Alejandro. What I learned was the fundamental of all future intricate steps. Don't be fooled, even the very basic steps, meaning the walk, can be mesmerizingly beautiful if done properly to music. I never imagine a simple tango walk could be so exquixitely sensuous. Every tango dancer should begin tango lessons with Mr. Gee before bad habits develop!

Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Hola,
Thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure teaching you tango. You were eager to learn and that reflected in your improvement. You certainly looked more elegant, confident and graceful by the end of the last class. Keep up the good work! un abrazo!

Reviewed July 5, 2012

I had originally planned to try just one private tango lesson whilst in Buenos Aires and ended up doing one class per day for the whole week that I was there.   This was due to the warmth and expertise of two great teachers, Alejandro and his partner Joujou.

Alejandro and Joujou are clearly passionate about the traditional milonguero style of tango, as well as being passionate about getting the best out of their students.  Thus, the classes are challenging, fun and authentic (since being back in London, I also realise just what outstanding value the classes were).

The time I spent with Alejandro and Joujou hugely enhanced my experience of Buenos Aires and they have successfully managed to inspire me to continue learning the tango now that I'm back at home.  I can't wait for my next trip back to BsAs!

Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Hola!
Thank you very much for your words. It was certainly a pleasure meeting you and teaching you tango. We had a lot of fun while working hard on learning tango. I am very glad you are continuing with it, you learned a lot and you will be dancing beautifully soon. Un abrazo!

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Alejandro Gee is a rare teacher indeed in the world of tango today where teaching steps seems the only way to convey the art of dancing tango. His style is the basis for dancing tango superbly as you can see on Youtube. He obviously loves and respects this art form to teach the heart of the dance to those that come to him to learn. I have danced for over 20 years and rarely take classes anymore because the way it is taught today has nothing to do with the heart of the dance.
And since the passing of my favorite teacher who also had the passion to teach as well as perform, I was so happy to come upon Alejandro. He is a gift to anyone who studies with him and his knowledge will stay with you for years. Some people perform and some people teach.
It is rare that you find one that can do both superbly. He is an experience not to be missed.