Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Argentine Cooking Classes tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from $17.18
from $18.38
from $155.00
More Info
All reviews lentil stew norma's cooking class empanadas beautiful apartment lovely home cooking experience dulce de leche delicious experience from scratch learned how great class learning how private class great teacher enjoyable afternoon step by step daily life
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I took a class with Norma with my friend earlier this month and it was great! Her place is beautiful, on a high floor of a really nice building in Belgrano, it is light and airy which adds to the experience. Norma received us warmly and we chatted for a little bit before starting to cook. The class is small and hands-on, which of course is the best way to learn how to cook. We did empanadas, lentil stew, and alfajores. After cooking, we all ate lunch together which was very nice. I particularly loved the lentil stew, it was so tasty. It is not a complicated class at all, so it is suitable for beginners. The food is good and Norma is just lovely, we had some really good conversation! Thanks Norma!

Date of experience: February 2013
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I recently attended Argentine Cooking Classes at Norma's house. By coincidence, there were two other Norwegian girls in the class, like me. I found the class to be a fun and enjoyable experience. Not only did I learn how to make Argentinian empanadas, lentil stew and cookies - I also learned a lot about cooking in general. Norma is very knowledgable and gave us lots of cooking tips. I definitely recommend it!

Date of experience: January 2013
Reviewed January 2, 2013

What an incredible time we had with Norma. My husband and I did a private class and made three dishes: empanadas, stew, and dulce de leche cookies. The food was delicious and Norma made us feel like family. Her apartment is gorgeous, clean, and located so close to the d line sub system. It was one of the best experiences we have had here in South America!!! I would recommend this to anyone who loves cooking, eating, and learning up close and personal about other cultures.

Date of experience: January 2013
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I highly recommend that if you like cooking and are interested in doing something different while in Buenos Aires, taking Norma's cooking class!

While visiting the city, I wanted to do something unique while also finding a way to spend time with local people and learn a little more about their culture and food so this was a great way to do so! Norma was very sweet and accommodating and even though I contacted her very last minute (and during the Christmas holidays!) she made room for me in an ad-hoc class she was holding. Her class is very organized, so you make part of the food while another part of it is cooking, etc., and then that way you have time to sit down and eat lunch with the rest of the group. We made delicious empanadas, a traditional Argentinian stew and my favourite: Alfajores! I can't wait to make this meal for family and friends! And as a plus, Norma and our group had great discussions about life in BA and Argentina, politics, what's different, etc. I found it a wonderful way to spend a portion of the day and learning more about the country, as well as cooking great food.

Thanks so much Norma and I definitely recommend this class to anyone visiting BA!

Date of experience: December 2012
1  Thank jillianbean
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I highly recommend spending a few hours for a cooking lesson and lunch at Norma's apartment. You not only get to learn about making a few specific Argentine recipes (and eating them:), but you also have the experience to have lunch with your small group of classmates (there were 6 in our class). We swapped BA restaurant suggestions, and got into a detailed discussion with Norma about the latest political happening in Argentina. We learned more than cooking, but learned a lot about the lifestyles and history of BA. I highly recommend this class for someone wanting to get to know the city outside of the standard tourist attractions. Great class, GREAT experience.

Date of experience: December 2012