“Great milonga; comfortable, attractive atmosphere.”
Review of Flor de Milonga!!

Flor de Milonga!!
Ranked #57 of 175 Nightlife in Buenos Aires
More attraction details
Owner description: Flor de Milonga!! is a Milonga held every Tuesday night in "Aires Tangueros" Avenida Rivadavia 1392. Attended every week by local and international tango aficionados, here you will find an authentic taste of how tango is danced in the city where it was born. Non Tango dancers are also welcome and can enjoy the atmosphere where Tango (Now with World Cultural Heritage status from UNESCO) is danced. Live Tango orchestras, tango exhibitions are held on a regular basis. Full bar service available. The dance hall is air conditioned. The milonga starts at 8.30pm and there is a class before hand from 7.00pm.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities
Buenos Aires, Argentina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great milonga; comfortable, attractive atmosphere.”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

We went to a Tuesday night milonga near the San Telmo area and found it to be a wonderful experience. There was plenty of air circulation with big fans, great empanadas and a wonderful, unexpected show of fantastic talent! First there was an Italian actress putting on a one woman show of Tango humor. Second, a Hungarian couple that demonstrated their world class tango talents. The crowd was friendly and welcoming to dancers of all levels. There were also other seating that could provide an opportunity to have a private conversation, if so desired. Overall, a great evening!

Visited March 2012

California City, California
“Go to a Milonga is a MUST! See the real tango with a LOCAL TANGO DANCER!”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

I became crazy for tango after visiting a "milonga". It was fantastic. People are so organized and dance for 4 songs and stop. Men and women are mostly alone or with friends but they know each other just for dancing. Is like in 1940 with codes. I went with my tour guide Liz who explained the rules. She is a tango dancer so she guided me where to go and when for my age and expectations. You should call her at www.lizflor2.blogspot.com
I am so happy to promote her as she help me a lot, specially when I forgot my credit card at an automatic cashier!

Visited December 2011
Chicago, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great lessons and great milonga”
Reviewed December 1, 2011

I think the lesson were 25 pesos and include the Milonga afterwards (which is usual). Its located at Indipendencia 525 which rents out its space to different instructors each night. Flor de Milong is on Tuesday night. The teachers are a very nice couple called Lucia and Gerry. Gerry is originally from Ireland so there lesson is completely bilingual. That said the lesson was probably 75% locals and only about 35% tourist like me. So quite authentic. This was one of 5 milongas I went to that weekm so I feel fairly well qualified to say that it was a good scene. I am a beginner to imtermediate tango dancer, and I felt very comfortable during the lesson. Some were complete beginners, but there were also some more advanced students there. They took the class through the basic of the tango steps and then moved on to a slightly more advanced mult-step routine. At this stage they split the class into two groups: beginners and more advanced. I didn't quite get all the steps first time, but Gerry and Lucia were very patient and answered all my questions until I finally got it. Food and drink was available. I think the large beers were 10 pesos. I didnt have any food. When the class ended and the milong started the placed filed up some I think there were about 50 people there that night. Almost everyone was there to dance (not just watch) andI had a great time dancing. Halfway through the MIlong they had a small theater show: A woman dancing with a manequin very funny and very well done Altogether a great evening of entertainment! Well done Lucia and Gerry. I will return!

Visited December 2011
2 Thank criscross50
Leuven, Belgium
“Great tango atmosphere with Lucia & Gerry!”
Reviewed November 13, 2011

One cannot go to Buenos Aires without tasting the real tango atmosphere there! As a foreigner, looking for tango, one can easily get caught by one of these very expensive, fake tourists traps though.
Not so when one goes to Lucia & Gerry's tango classes and/or milonga. I truly enjoyed the enthusiasm and passion of both teachers and the atmosphere of their authentic location and great mixture of participants!
And since both teachers speak Spanish and English, it's a great opportunity to practice your languages as well!

Visited August 2011
Eugene, Oregon
“Traveling tangueros/as--this is a gem!”
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Friends from Buenos Aires recommended Flor de Milonga as an "underground" milonga I might enjoy on a recent visit to the city, and they were so right. Unpretentious, colorful, and warm, and frequented by an interesting mix of locals and internationals, Flor de Milonga is filled with all that I love about tango--great music, plenty of dancing, and performances that touch and inspire me... I heard that Che Guevara's grandmother once lived in the building, and the off-beat venue is half the fun. Don't miss this milonga loaded with personality and charm!

Visited August 2011