“A MUST in BA!”

Tango Classes with Lucia & Gerry
More attraction details
Owner description: You've seen the movie and been to the show and you can't wait to try that most sensual and passionate of dances Tango. Lucia and Gerry are Tango dance professionals in Buenos Aires, teaching since 2005. They use a modern pedagogue which invites the student to realize that a relaxed natural movement is key, to dancing, Tango. It is their experience that this incredible and sensual dance can be learned by anybody. You bring the desire and they will give you the means. English and Spanish spoken. Click on the email above to connect directly with them and organize your Tango experience. Book well in advance to secure your place.
New York City, New York
“A MUST in BA!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

My husband and I visited BA for the first time in January and stayed for a total of 5 days. One of the biggest mistakes we made was not booking Lucia + Jerry for earlier during our stay, so that we could follow up with a 2nd or 3rd lesson. They are so sweet, kind, friendly and helpful, and though it was a sweltering afternoon, we LOVED learning tango. It was definitely one of the best moments of our trip. They also set us up with a table at a milonga the next day, where we spent hours listening and watching to a truly local BA experience. It was incredible. Thank you Lucia y Jerry!

Visited January 2014
Lucia-y-Gerry, Owner at Tango Classes with Lucia & Gerry, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thanks you guys for your review. We are happy you enjoyed yourselves in the class and that the milonga visit went very well. Best Regards Gerry and Lucia

Berlin, Germany
“You couldn`t learn more!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

We took two private classes for three women (my mother, my sister and me). In those two hours they taught us so much, it was amazing. Lucia and Gerry are really warm and friendly and showed us with patient how to do it. We would recommend them anytime. It is really worth it.

Visited March 2014
Thank you for your review. You all picked it up very quickly and had lots of fun at the same time. Great the you enjoyed yourselves and thanks again for your recommendation. Best Regards Gerry and Lucia
“Tango in Buenos Aires”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Absolutely wonderful people. My wife and I went to Argentine to learn to tango, and, thanks to these two, we did. I would highly recommend Lucia and Gerry to anyone who wants to experience this wonderful taste of Argentina.

Visited February 2014
Thank you very much for your comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed your time with us.Thank you again for your recommendation. Best Regards Gerry and Lucia
Sydney, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“They are the ones who had to work!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

I booked three x one hour lessons with Lucia and Gerry and they had their work cut out for them. I had grown up doing classical dance and dabbled in ballroom style Tango, but this Tango is more of the Milonga, street style Tango - so everything I knew from the past I had to throw out the window. I learned that Tango is an earthy and sultry dance and so your feet should be nailed to the floor - not up on your toes. This is why they had their work cut out for them because I went up on my toes each time.

However, Gerry was very patient with me and with Lucia giving excellent instruction on best positions, hand movements (even the simplest hand movement can mean something) and feet positions and I felt comfortable advancing through all the dance moves they wanted to teach me.

They are very calm yet passionate teachers who love what they do and this was a fantastic experience during my two weeks in BA. If you can manage more than one hour I recommend it as you learn so much more about this fabulous dance and appreciate how hard it is when you see the professionals making it look so easy.

They also invited me, along with about 20 other students, to a Wednesday night Milonga with a great band. If you get the chance to do this with Gerry and Lucia, do it.

I highly recommend this experience.

2 Thank AussieP2014
Thank you for your comments. Taking the longer course allow you to go deeper and with more detail. It can be tricky sometimes leaving traits from other training out when starting tango, but you were persistent and it worked out fine. Glad you came to the milonga and had fun. Best Regards Gerry and Lucia
Atlanta, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So much fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

This was the first Tango lesson I had and it was so much fun. My fiancé and another couple went to the class together, and could not stop talking about it for our entire trip. Lucia & Gerry were patient and made sure we were all comfortable with the steps by the time the class ended. They invited us to a Milonga that featured live music. The four of us went and sat at their table that they reserved. We all danced, laughed, and enjoyed each others company. Tango is a new hobby of mine and I want to continue taking lessons in the US. If you're in Buenos Aires, definitely stop by and see Lucia & Gerry and catch a Milonga, it will be so much fun!

Visited February 2014
Thank you for leaving a review about your class. You all worked hard and had fun doing it. It was great that you could visit the milonga (where everybody meets to dance tango) and see locals and visitors dancing the night away. Best Regards Gerry and Lucia