“Delicious Pizza”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Palermo
Description: Only Vera Pizza Napoletana in Buenos Aires. 100% wood fired brick oven. Selected italian ingredients. The choice of the italian community in Buenos Aires, to have the real pizza.
Portland, Oregon
“Delicious Pizza”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We really enjoyed this little restaurant. They used high quality and very fresh ingredients. They make a very Italian wood fire style of pizzas that are wonderful. The salads are also extremely good and very fresh. The owner and the staff are very friendly and helpful. They do not speak much English...but you can get by.

• Visited March 2012

New York City, New York
“Surprising authenticity!”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

The hotel recommended this little joint as we wanted
Pizza. The menu is very some with only pizza, calzones and a few other items. I must say they do it right. Wood fire oven and thin crust with natural ingredients made for an authentic Italian experience. Very much enjoyed the pizza. The only down side was it was a bit expensive for Pizza, but overall was just great.

Visited May 2012
Buenos Aires, Distrito Federal, Argentina
“Flavorless pizza & calzone”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

As a concierge I had reccomended this place many times by other tourits reviews, and when I had a chance to know it, the food was really flavorless, I am not familiar with adding salt to a pizza nor a calzone.

Visited July 2011
buenos aires
“Best Pizza in Buenos Aires; Neapolitan-Style, Thin Crust Gem in a City of Bad Pizza Joints!”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

As a local resident and American expat of four years in Buenos Aires, I have consumed far too many Argentine pizzas than I feel comfortable to admit having eaten (for sustenance, yet with the hope and expectation of something more, but, alas...nothing more!). But for the last two years of its presence in the popular neighborhood of Palermo Hollywood, my absolute, favorite Buenos Aires pizzeria is Siamo nel Forno.

I think that, as with any restaurant or type of cuisine found here in BA, it isn't possible to make a fair or equal comparison with what you can find in the States or in Europe. We are VERY limited here -- as far as cuisine goes -- by the products that are available to us. However, the owner/head chef, Nestor Gattorna, at Siamo nel Forno makes the best use of what we have, and he's assisted in the effort by the Italian-imported brick oven he uses to create his goods. He was trained in his recipes and methods by an Italian pizza chef, so this is the real deal. For example, I know that the dough for the crust is prepared a day in advance, meaning that if they entertain more customers on any given night than was expected, they have run out of pizza! (I've never heard of this happening, however, and I imagine that the machine is very well-oiled at this juncture.) The ingredients are always beautifully fresh, of the highest quality (olive oil to die for), and everything is hand-crafted. Additionally, it's clear that this man has put his heart into this venture from the beautiful family photos at the entrance to his personal and personable visits to each table throughout the evening to the fact that he is present night after night doing a little of everything--greeting guests, tossing the dough, uncorking the wine, etcetera! Oh, and did I mention that he knows wine?

Concerning the pizza--What is offered on the menu are gourmet pizzas--I've tried and enjoyed them all, although my fave is the minimalist Margherita. However, there are always a couple of interesting pizzas del giorno that sometimes supplant the basic for me. Recently there was one called Bolognesa with a lovely heaping of fresh, crisp arugula and slices of mortadella (where did they find this?) atop that surprised me pleasantly as I hadn't previously considered mortadella as one of my go-to meats. Anyway, the Margherita is so perfectly simple: olive oil, sauce, fior de latte, basil, stop. To me, it is the ideal vehicle for the enjoyment of these flavors. Some have complained that the crust is soggy, but in my experience with a genuine margherita baked in a wood-burning oven in the US--or even at home on a pizza stone--the fior de latte (or buffalo mozzarella if you can get it here) is such a high-moisture content cheese that a significant quantity of liquid is released upon being heated.

Then, I enjoy eating the crusty edges drenched in the lovely olive oil I always ask to be brought on the side. And I love that my salad came oiled--in true Italian-style, the greens are covered in the right amount of EVOO before you add the balsamico at your table.

The service is always friendly yet unobtrusive and the staff always has a customer-orientation, which is a pleasant change from the average local restaurant. Typically, there is international representation on the staff, and Nestor speaks perfect English (Can you tell that I think he's a little bit of a Superman?). Weekend nights get very busy, so call in advance for a reservation if you plan to eat during Argentine dining hours (dinner after 10 pm).

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank janet c
New York City, NY
“OUTSTANDING PIZZA!”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

This is one of my new favorite places to eat in Buenos Aires. We stumbled upon it the other day while walking through our neighborhood. Spacious, with quirky decor, extremely warm staff who are knowledgeable and make you feel at home. The pizzas and salads are some of the best I have had anywhere. You'll find a lot of English speaking folks here....so if you want to avoid the tourists, make this your one exception not to. You will not be disappointed. Highly recommended.

• Visited April 2012