TripAdvisor
Inbox
Search
Review Highlights
The best gaucho tour

Absolutely excellent in every aspect! We booked this only one day in advance and Guillermo expertly... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
55williamh
via mobile
Camino Pampa

Very highly recommend day trip for Gauchos experience. Very well organized and relaxed. Tour guide... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

from $104.98
from $28.50
from $89.01
More Info
All reviews juan manuel horseback ride gaucho culture day trip horse whisperer asado chocolate shop estancia tour empanadas el ombu working estancia town tour gaucho experience horse drawn carriage guide laura traditional dancing beautiful estancia
Selected filters
Reviewed March 13, 2019 via mobile

We absolutely loved our Groucho tour . Julian picked us up at the hotel and took us back to the pier to catch our cruise. Julian is a great dancer and we loved watching his skills during the show. Laura met us in town and was very informative. She loved telling us about the culture of the town. She was very passionate about the culture. The estancia was amazing. We highly recommend this tour to everyone traveling to Buenos Aires.

2  Thank chicag0traveler09
Reviewed March 13, 2019

We were looking for a farm tour and horse riding experience and I studied all that were available. We didn't want to be part of a massive group of people that we herded around like the sheep at the ranch so after reading a range of reviews on Trip Advisor, I contacted Guillermo at Camino Pampa to quote me on a tour for my family of 4 in a small group. We ended up receiving a private tour with just the 4 of us.

BOOKING PROCESS: Guillermo responded quickly to my email and then provided me with a number that I could contact him via WhatsApp (which was great to use the hotel Wifi). He answered all of my questions and the quote was comparable with those of the large groups.

PICK UP: Carlos arrived on time and collected us from our hotel in a private car. He had even arranged for a child car seat for my 4 year old daughter. He greeted us with a warm friendly handshake and provided us with many facts and stories about Buenos Aires as we drove out of the city. It was a great history lesson with some laughs along the way.

TOWN TOUR: We were dropped off to meet with Laura at the town and we grabbed a coffee and croissant and unfortunately we had left our wallet in the car. Laura paid for our breakfast and said it was no problem after we were left a little embarrassed and were very thankful. Again what a wonderful person with a love for the history of the town. We visited a local artist, silver smith, Mate container maker, leather and chocolate shop. Laura's artful storytelling and knowledge of the town was one of the many highlights of the trip. She also took great care to teach our two young girls so that they could understand as well.

FARM TOUR:
We were then collected by Carlos and taken out to the Estancia (farm). We met Laura at the drop off point. It had rained heavily the night before so the gauchos (cowboys) collected us by 4WD to take us down a long dirt road to the farm.

We arrived and the farm was just so picturesque, there were a bunch of friendly dogs that my girls instantly fell in love with. The farm buildings were original and grand and well maintained. We were served some fresh epanadas before we were shown our horses.

The horses were all in great condition, there are 80 horses in total but the farm only uses half of them each day so they are well rested. My 10 y.o daughter had no riding experience and the horse they gave her was really quiet and followed the line, I'm experienced rider so I was able to take my 4 y.o in front of me.

I expected a quick little ride around the paddock, but this was a beautiful ride out of the paddocks across the fields was probably a 45min ride in total. Yes it was at a walking pace, but I was happy with that.

THE LUNCH: We checked out the bbq where all of the meats were being cooked before sitting down to a round table on the wide balcony of the main house. I felt like I had gone back in time seeing the grand old treelined entry to the main house. We had on our table fresh salads, some Argentine Malbec, local fresh spring water and the kids had some soft drink. The gauchos arrived with the meat and then if kept on coming... chicken, lamb, kidneys, ribs, and all different cuts of beef.

This was followed by dessert, ice-cream for the kids and a tasty bread and butter date pudding.

I really enjoyed getting to know Laura after lunch. She was a school teacher in her earlier life and studied hospitality. It was International Women's Day so I also enjoyed talking to Laura about women's suffrage and a bunch of other topics.

DANCING AND HORSE SHOW:
We were then treated to traditional dancing which was a great way to work off the lunch! Then one of the Gauchos showed us their connection with the horses in a horse show.

Then it was time to go home, we farewelled Laura and met up with Carlos again before we quickly fell asleep on the way home.

Thanks to the small team at Camino Pampa for making this day unforgettable for my family. I highly recommend this tour, it's smaller and more personal. You will not feel like just a number rolling in and out of a tourist bus. The hosts are personable, caring and knowledgeable and both have perfect english.

5  Thank carolyn_orm
Reviewed March 12, 2019 via mobile

My wife, 20 year old daughter and I just returned from our day visit to Camino Pampa and we can’t say enough about the trip. Carlos picked promptly on a rainy morning. The skies cleared on our way out and we arrived to met Juan Manuel, our guid for the day. We grabbed a quick cafe con leche with him as we made introductions. Juan seemed to know everyone in town as we strolled through the charming square with a stop in the silversmith before heading to the ranch. We started with a horseback ride to view the vistas along the plains before returning for delicious empenadas and a beer. Then off to eat more delicious cuts of beef than I thought possible followed by some gaucho dancing and horsing skills. All the while Juan regaled us with interesting tales of the region and his adventures. It felt like visiting with a friend more than a formal tour and it was extremely enjoyable.

2  Thank 846walterw
Reviewed March 11, 2019

This lovely day, expertly guided by Laura, was a highlight of our trip. The town of San Antonio is a time capsule to the past, the Estancia was lovely, and the food was a great sampler of local, classic fare. The only slight letdown was the horseback ride. The guides were not interested in describing the Estancia, so it was basically a nice ride through some pastors. Still, highly recommended and a great value.

2  Thank drraclark
Reviewed March 3, 2019

The organisation from start to finish was excellent, both our driver Jose and Guillermo our guide spoke great English and were very informative about the area, life on the ranch etc etc. attentions to detail incl good food delivered a super experience. enjoyed the historic town, would happily do this trip again!

Date of experience: February 2019