TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
Review Highlights
If you want to know about Gaucho life go on this trip!

This was a fantastic day out well organised from the start via email with Guillermo, punctual... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
April H
A wonderful day at the Estancia El Ombu de Areco with Camino Pampa

We chose Camino Pampa because of the many positive reviews. And they did not disappoint. The small... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago

from $159.00
from $50.00
from $28.50
More Info
All reviews juan manuel horseback ride gaucho culture day trip horse whisperer asado chocolate shop estancia tour empanadas el ombu working estancia town tour gaucho experience horse drawn carriage guide laura traditional dancing beautiful estancia
Selected filters
Reviewed August 14, 2016

Our stay in Buenos Aires was limited and we knew we wanted to experience something outside of the city that is indicative of the culture and the area. We didn't want anything "canned" or super expensive. With such limited time we didn't want to rent a car and try to maneuver our way around. After reviewing a few of the reviews of Camino Pampa and other Estancias we settled on Camino Pampa. I reached out to Guillermo and I got an immediate response back with all of my questions answered. Our driver Jose (which was arranged by Guillermo) picked us up right on time. We picked up two other people (Mike and Mike) and off we went. It was a cloudy day with the occasional ran, but that didn't stop us. Our first stop was San Antonio de Areco where we met our guide, Juan Manuel Hernandez. He was amazing! We had family members who did not speak Spanish and his English was better than ours. Juan is a very interesting person in that he is well traveled, knows his countries history (and ours) probably better than most Americans. He is passionate about what he does and describes everything with enthusiasm that is most contagious. We walked around the town, church, silversmith, chocolate factory and then onto the Estancia. Here they greeted us with wine and delicious empanadas. Followed by the best Asado we had while in Buenos Aires. A Gaucho did a horsemanship demonstration that defies logic. I don't want to give it away, but I can't even train my dog to do what the horse did. Then we went on a horseback ride around the Estancia. I personally would have liked to have a longer ride but it did start to rain. Personally, this didn't bother more than it bothered my hair. I would highly recommend this tour. Honestly, when we go back to Buenos Aires, we will probably book this again. That is how much we enjoyed it.

Date of experience: August 2016
1  Thank Patti O
Reviewed July 30, 2016

Loved it! Super tour, great driver, delicious lunch, fantastic horses, picturesque ranch: highly recommend to all interested.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed July 24, 2016 via mobile

We loved the day! The tour of town was informative and the time at the ranch amazing! Loved our tour guide, Juan Manuel Hernandez. Shared lots of relevant info in an informative and interesting way. The town has an amazing chocolate shop! I recommend this tour.

Reviewed July 12, 2016 via mobile

This tour was by far our favorite. There was no attempt to sell us tourist trinkets, our pick up and drop off was on time and our driver Caesar was great. Our guide, Maria was exceptionally thoughtful and full of information about the region. The tour of both the town and the Estancia was focused on the historical and artistic qualities of the region. The food and demonstration at the Estancia was also exceptional. We really enjoyed every minute and highly recommend this tour!

Reviewed July 8, 2016

This was a very professional and enjoyable tour - my favorite part of my first visit to Argentina by far. Everybody was friendly, informative, and went above and beyond to make our trip special. Laura shared her love of Areco and showed off many local vendors, where the prices for top-quality artisan work were incredibly affordable! Jose made a special trip when I forgot my sunglasses in his van. And the estancia staff made sure to highlight the parts of the tour I'd been most interested in (the horse work). It was a fabulous day and although pricey, it was absolutely worth the visit. Thank you to all!!!!

Date of experience: June 2016