“Poor Communications”

Urban Biking Buenos Aires
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Ride off the beaten path with unconventional guided cycling tours of Buenos Aires. Not only do you learn about local history and culture from folks who live here, you also can take tours of farther-off spots such as the Tigre Delta and estancias, or traditional large rural ranches and estates.
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I have been trying to contact these guys for over a week about a reservation and they have not returned my emails through their contact booking site. It is frustrating when one is traveling to another continent and the 'legitimate' business doesn't come through.

2  Thank itbikegirl
There are newer reviews for Urban Biking Buenos Aires

Reviewed December 19, 2012

We booked the cycling and kayaking tour to tigres, it was good to get away from the city centre traffic and see some of the outlying areas. The bike ride was easy enough but still felt like we had done some exercise. The kayaking was fun although after a delicious feast for lunch the last thing you want to do is kayak back. We got half way back and told our very accommodating guide Sebastian that we had had enough and he made a plan for us. A well worthwhile trip

2  Thank Steve_zaJhb
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We booked the night tour with Urban Biking about 3 hours before it began at 8pm. We had just arrived in BA and wanted to get orientated and this was the perfect method to do so. Fredericko met us just before 8pm at the designated spot and it turned out that it was just my husband and I that night so we had our own private tour! He was extremely knowledgable and had an obvious passion for BA which quickly became infectuous.

We were able to get a good lay of the lay and develop our itinerary for the coming days. I thought it was a perfect discovery tool for this beautiful city and would highly recommend it.

2  Thank T_Robyn
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We were met very promptly by Gonzalo our guide for the afternoon. He set us up with cool bamboo "chopper style" bikes, but gave us the choice of more conventional bikes if we wanted. He was very personable. After the usual release forms, etc. we started off. The ride itself was easy with a lot of stops. Gonzalo was a walking encyclopedia of knowledge and gave us a very complete history of lesson of Argentina during our four-hour tour. He said that if it was too much history, tell him to stop. I've been on a number of guided tours and this was one of the best because of Gonzalo's incredible knowledge. Highly recommended.

1  Thank PierreTraveler
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I booked the morning South BA tour online and recieved a confirmation screen saying the booking was accepted and I would be contacted to confirm. The company had my email and hotel details. The night before the booking I still hadn't been contacted so I emailed them, the next morning I checked before going to the meeting place and there was no reply. So I got to the meeting place and waited like an idiot for a tour that never turned up. When I got back to the hotel claiming they'd never received my booking. I was at the meeting place and there was no sign of anyone from their tour company was there, I think the real reason is I was the only booking and they couldn't be bothered running it for just one person, but didn't have the courtesy or decency to tell me. I ended up booking the same tour with another company (reviewed here) through the BA tourist office on San Martin street. It was excellent and cheaper than this tour. Thanks Urban Biking, for wasting a morning of my short stay in the beautiful city of Buenos Aires.

8  Thank eamonn78