“Fantastic tour, great guide, great value”

Urban Biking Buenos Aires
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Ride off the beaten path with unconventional guided cycling tours of Buenos Aires. Not only do you learn about local history and culture from folks who live here, you also can take tours of farther-off spots such as the Tigre Delta and estancias, or traditional large rural ranches and estates.
Reviewed December 26, 2011

I did the full day northern suburbs/Tigre Delta tour. I was a little nervous about biking that long since I'm not a biker, but it was so much fun and not hard at all. Our guide was very knowledgeable about Buenos Aires and the surrounding area, and great company throughout the day. The ride was beautiful, and we got to sample some mate tea. Kayaking in the Tigre Delta was unlike anything I've ever done. It was fantastic. I loved it all and would definitely recommend it for anyone who wants to do something a little different.

3  Thank jess a
There are newer reviews for Urban Biking Buenos Aires

Reviewed November 27, 2011

Nice route for either souther BA or norther BA. We enjoyed the tour. Guide was not effective in speaking about the sites...her English was poor and she was apparently self conscious and didn't really want to speak. My (adult) daughter's camera was snatched from her (strap was secured around her wrist) while in Boca area.

5  Thank iScout4U
Reviewed October 14, 2011

I recently took a day trip with Urban Biking to the Tigre Delta. It was a combination bike and kayaking trip. My guide, Julio, was terrific. We started in the city, took a 25 minute train ride, then started the bike ride. We stopped several times to talk about the history of a place and drink mate. Once we reached Tigre, we took the kayaks out to a waterfront restaurant. It was a very local place with great food. On our return, we took the train from Tigre, then rode the last 30 minutes into town. It was the perfect amount of exercise and sightseeing!

Reviewed June 14, 2011

Excellent tour of Buenos Aires: main attraction and lots od tidbits. The tour guide Daniel was very knowledgeable and was wonderful. We did the tour the first day (North tour) and ended our trip with the South tour. I would recommend both tours. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank dogeyedoctor
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Last night my friends and I took the four hour night tour with Daniel as our guide. The tour took us through Puerto Madero, San Telmo, Ricoletta and other towns along the way.

The tour definitely had the right balance of sight seeing v cultural experiences with casual stops for Choripan from a street vendor and a beer at Plaza Derrago whilst watching a free public Milonga (Sundays only).

The four hour duration flys by and the bike ride is not at all Taxing.

The price is too high at $50US however a quick search suggests there may be a little cartel type action going on in the BA bike tour industry with all charging the same.

Urban Biking use Bikes made from bamboo, a unique and interesting trait of this company and if you choose do the tour you'll soon notice everyone in the street looking at you (or more specifically the bike).

We got a small gift at the end, a nice touch on a good tour.

1  Thank Triggz