“My First Choice in Recoleta”
Review of Intersur Recoleta

Intersur Recoleta
Ranked #135 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed November 6, 2013

A welcoming hotel in the Recoleta area with friendly, once you past the solemn lobby security personnel, helpful bi-lingual reception personnel. I appreciated the help provided by the reservation staff who were extremely helpful in organizing my complicated reservation changes.

The Intersur provided a pleasant spacious room, well equipped, quiet, free
WiFi, as well as a confortable lobby.I enjoyed the wonderful full self-service
breakfast to start my day and the hotel's excellent location in Recoleta.

I would definitely stay here again when visiting Recoleta.....good value for
money and a great safe location for walking and exploring the Recoleta area. The Spa and
health facility on the 12 floor only added to the quality of this hotel.

Room Tip: Restaurant was continual very busy and is known for its good food ....suggest a reservation and visi...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank GoodwoodRaleigh
There are newer reviews for Intersur Recoleta

Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for business and was amazed of how bad the rooms looked. Carpets are in very bad condition, they look even dirty. Walls in the rooms and corridors need to be painted urgently.

Breakfast was very limited, and room service as well.

The service attitude was good, except at check out. I had to check out at 5am and the person was clearly with an attitude (probably I woke him up because I had to call for help several times).

There was a mistake in the invoice and when I ask for it to be corrected then he clearly got very pissed.

I asked for the manager's contact details and he wouldn't give them. He didn't even give me his full name (and probably gave me a fake first name: Gabriel).

All in all, if you are traveling on a budget it might be ok because of the location.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was at the front desk a couple times each day asking questions, and they were very good about telling me what to say to the taxis about where to go. However, I wish they had reminded me of the free breakfast the first day I was there, because I forgot and went outside to eat..darn!
Bed was ok, not the greatest at the springs were old but ok. The bathroom was always cleaned well. The maid on my floor was a doll and always said hello to me despite my horrible Spanish.
They have a free spa and some exercise equipment you can use which I planned to, but I was always too tired at the end of the day to go there. But it is there if you have the time and inclination--altho the saunas were broken for 3 of the 5 days I was there.
They gave this hotel 4-1/2 stars, but there are scuffs on the wall. The stricter way of grading in America was surprising and I talked about this with a friend from Brazil who had lived in America. But I can life with scuffs if the service is good.
The hotel was quiet--which was my main concern when I checked in.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
IntersurRecoleta, Director Comercial at Intersur Recoleta, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your words and experiences. Our gold is to provide you a pleasant stay.
I'll be sharing your thoughtful comments with our team.

Regards,

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Beautiful hotel with nice rooms and perfect situation in mid town.
Should normally have a very high rating. During our stay however there was a power outage one of the evenings. The corridors an lobby had light, but the rooms were completely dark.
The information was lousy and they didn't had any backup like flashlight or candles.
It was just when we prepared us for going out to a tango show. It was dangerous to move around in the room and try to take a shower. The outage lasted for several hours.
The staff need a training course in how to handle a crisis.
Except for the power outage incident, we loved Buenos Aires. Beautiful city, excelent food (we recommend Fervor two blocks from the hotel) and very friendly people.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
IntersurRecoleta, Director Comercial at Intersur Recoleta, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your words. Your valuable feedback allows us to work harder on improving our service.
I will be sharing your comments with our team.

We hope to receive you again soon,

Kind Regards,

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Lovely lobby, efficient check in, great location. Room was a junior suite that had a king (2 twins together) bed and a separate sitting room with a twin bed for the third member of our family. The walls between the hotel rooms are paper thin, but the people next door were not too noisy. Breakfast buffet was fine, scrambled eggs, cooked ham, Swiss cheese, breads, the usual pastries, fruit juices and fresh fruit. The same thing was offered each morning. Coffee and tea were excellent but we were not allowed to take it the room and there was no coffee maker in the rooms. The rooms were clean, bedding was good quality, but we could have used more pillows. Absolutely the best shower I have seen in a long time. Incredible water pressure. The room had a few bumps and scrapes on the walls that should have been taken care of. There is a market around the corner for snacks and bottled water and it is only a couple of blocks to the cemetery area where there a many restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This hotel is a rare find: one that lives up to its own description. It is very much a 4 star hotel. the rooms are quiet, comfortable and roomy and equipped with an amazing array of powerpoints to charge up all your various devices. The staff is very helpful and also very unobtrusive. It is perfectly located in an elegant district and the Italian Restaurant is first-class. Strongly recommended.

Room Tip: We had one facing an inner courtyard: no view but nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I was very pleased with the room, the professional English speaking staff and the phenomenal location of this hotel. Right near my favorite restaurant, Fervor, the Recoleta Cemetery and the sights of the city. A great value and I would definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple