“lovely place for seafood”
Review of Montego Bay - CLOSED

Montego Bay
Cuisines: Latin, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Palermo
Description: Newly opened (3 months)
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We have stayed in Palermo for 5 months this year and have consistently had great experiences.both with the food and the service. I'm sad to see that people had such bad experiences, but in all fairness I have to say we always ask for Marcello, because he gave us great service on our fist visit and we haven not had the waitress. The portions are generous. If you want a suggestion where to start some favorite dishes of ours are the halibut and the saffron shrimp. We are excited to try the chichi sampler that we have seen served. It looks amazing. Like most Argentine places they expect people to dine and the food is not speedy. But if you are in a hurry they will accommodate and have gotten us seated, fed and headed out the door in under 40 minutes when we where in a pinch.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

The service is nonexistent, you can wait 30 min for a drink. The Jerk Chicken was ok but not jerk chicken at all, sweet and no spice. If you are looking for good food and service keep looking, I wish I did

1  Thank NYCNeal
Reviewed May 13, 2012

What a disaster. We were the very first clients of the evening and still got a terrible service. We ordered the cheese and cold meat platter as appetizer. The menu said it had prosciutto in it but it was nowhere to be found. Just ordinary, tasteless ham in its place and the waitress said nothing about it. Then my wife ordered the squid ink risotto however she just got the plain white risotto. When I asked the waitress what happened to the squid's ink she just said they had run out of it and to make up for it yhey had added arugula to the dish. Really? I mean, the point here is : can the clients have a say on whether they are ok with having the chef decide for them? To make the matter worse the risotto was just dull and overloaded with oil. Finally, the last nail in the owner's coffins, which I just happened to find out the next day while double checking the bill, they had charged me for an extra pint of draft beer.
I didn't complain about the first two issues on the spot because I didn't want to ruin the moment with my wife and like I said, the extra beer was only noticed this morning since at the restaurant i could barely read the details on the bill because the lights were down and the prints were faded... Don't recommend this place , it is a big mistake.

2  Thank LGPBRASIL
Reviewed October 15, 2011

we tried a lot of restaurants in buenos aires. we went there in order to eat something else the casual steak which is offered almost anywhere in the city.
the atmosphere is very nice, the waiter was friendly and they have a great selection of food. we ordered a trout with almonds and vegetables. it was very well made and arranged very nicely on the plate - we enjoyed it very much!
we would recommend this restaurant as a good alternative for parillas.

Reviewed April 4, 2011

This is our first night in Buenos Aires. The owner of Montego Bay provided wonderful service. The food was delicious. I highly recommend this restaurant.