“what a great trip!”

City Sailing Buenos Aires
More attraction details
Owner description: ailing the ¨Rio de la Plata¨ river is an amazing experience! Landscapes and views from the City are unique. You will take thousands of photos.Our Sailing trip will last 2 hours. You have the chance to see SkyCrapers, Aeroparque ¨Jorge Newbery¨, the Bridge of LA BOCA area, and maybe the famous stadium of RIVER PLATE. During the sailing experience you will also learn about Puerto Madero. It´s history, why and when was built, Buenos Aires in the time of ¨the colony¨, the buglers, the tunnels to the river, yellow fever epidemy in 1871, the two british invations and more about Buenos Aires and It´s 3 ports (Riachuelo, Puerto Nuevo and Puerto Madero).• You`ll have some snacks and non-alcoholic beverages during your trip.• The captain will teach you about sailing in the river.• We are limited only to 4 guests so if you do bring along a little special treat we do encourage to share in true sailing spirit. • Our boats are equipped with a working galley and bathroom
Reviewed January 13, 2013

On our last afternoon in Argentina, my brother and I had a lovely voyage with Javier and a couple from New Mexico. It was such a great way to end our trip, and Javier made sure we got done in time for our flight. I'd definitely recommend it as a way to see the city! (and was much more worthwhile than our boat ride from Tigre-BA, at about the same price!)

Reviewed November 20, 2012

As someone who has never sailed (but always wanted to) I was looking for a sailing experience whilst on holiday in Buenos Aires. I was also a lone traveler since I was visiting a friend who live and works in BsAs.
Javier is really friendly and informative, I learned about the boat and about some sailing techniques also a lot about the city. I even got a chance to sail for a while which was fun. It was great to see BsAs cityscape from off the coastline, you really get a feeling for how big it is! There were 7 people on our 4 hour voyage including Javier and another captain. It was a nice number and everyone was very friendly. Javier had packed a yummy picnic of sandwiches, juice, beer & some of the famous Fernet for us to try. It was a great afternoon and I would recommend it to anyone who would like a unique experience in this great city.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Loved it! Javier is a great host who is full of interesting information and who makes this a unique and fascinating experience. To see Buenos Aires from afar gives a real sense of scale, and we loved having a different view and interpritation of the city. We could help with the sailing (as much as we could!), enjoyed the sunshine, drank some beers and had a really enjoyable afternoon!

1  Thank MPat1
Reviewed September 20, 2012

My family came to visit me from the US and, since they were only staying for a few days, I wanted to do a fun activity that involved seeing the city in an outdoors fashion. I found City Sailing BA and thought, what a great way to experience Buenos Aires from a different point of view! I booked the trip for a very reasonable price and soon, my parents and I were casting off from the city's yacht club dock. The day was amazing- perfect temperature with a gloriously clear blue sky! As we sailed barefoot with the refreshing wind in our hair we were amazed as we watched the city's skyline fade behind us. We were able to relax from the city's bustling tempo and enjoy entertaining stories of Argentina's culture from our enthusiastic guide. Soon we were drinking the country's signature ice cold beer, Quilmes, and enjoying miga sandwiches. City Sailing was definitely a highlight of our trip! I sincerely recommend it to anyone looking for a fun way to see the coast line of Buenos Aires.
Thank you, Javier! We loved it!

2  Thank Taylor P
Reviewed September 4, 2012

A friend and I went sailing with Javier last weekend and it was one of the highlights of our trip. He is very friendly and easy to talk with. The sailing was great. Javier let’s you steer the boat and help him with the sails. He will give you tons of advice on what to do in BA as well. Overall a great trip.