“Depends on the Waiter”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Palermo
Reviewed December 21, 2012

We ate here three times. The first time we had a very nice waiter who was attentive and friendly. The second time we were there we had an average waiter. The third time we had a terrible waiter, to the point where I had to get out of my chair and go find him to get some attention. The food, all three times, was excellent.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

food is really good, as well as prices and servings are big so I would recommend sharing, specially if you order an appetizer. The guiso de lentejas is amazing, as well as the revioles de calabaza con salsa mixta. Have in mind that the charge 11 pesos per person for "cubierto", so thats something you should add to the final price.

Reviewed May 26, 2012

Wonderful steaks. An Argentine style salad bar comes with steak dinners. I love the lentil salad but I loved even more the cazuela de lentejas (lentil casserole) very tasty and just like I used to eat when I lived in Argentina. My husband loved the thick steaks, with pleny of fat and a nice crispness on the edges. Huge servings. I loved them too, but for me it was more the being able to order the complete dinner, with side dishes you don't find in the USA. Like sweet potatoes and squash puree. And to end the meal with dulce de batata and cheese or have it for breakfast (though they openned too late for my liking) Lunch was just as good. And if I wanted a real economical dinner I'd order 2 empanadas de carne and dessert. The staff was very helpful, When I got sick I was able to order dinner and they delivered it to my hotel (The Awwa Boutique hotel) which was only about a block from there. I loved their small dishes as well as the executive lunch and their more expensive dishes. You could work the very flexible menu so as to spend a little or splurge. We were at the AWWA hotel 6 weeks so I was able to sample almost all of La Gauchita's menu. We were never dissapointed.
We can't wait to go back.

Reviewed March 31, 2012

Obviously the neighbourhood spot. Opens at 8pm, by 8:15 was filling up with locals, not tourists. Excellent prices and quality. Wonderful steak.

1  Thank AllenF
Reviewed January 6, 2012

We liked the vibe of the place and enjoyed our service! The food was very good as we had steak, chicken and provoleta. We will go again.