“Fun party hostel”

Milhouse Hostel Avenue
London
“Fun party hostel”
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Milhouse for a week in a private room. This meant that i was removed from most of the party noise. The room was excellent - cleaned daily with fresh towels every day and a safe deposit box at no extra charge. I loved having an en suite!

The staff were friendly, knowledgable and good fun. The hostel does trips most days during the day and parties most nights sonits a great way to meet peolple. I did the south bike tour and thought it was excellent.

All in all a fab stay but i would suggest askig for a room towards the back and on a high level if you can

• Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Hebrew first
Launceston, Australia
Reviewed February 9, 2014

A very cool place to stay.Lots of friendly staff, great location.
Not so good if your a bit older like me,but thats just the generation gap.
all in all great place.
I got a private room but it was 2 single beds pushed together very uncomfortable.
so not so happy about that.

Room Tip: Dont exspect free aircon it cost an extra 20 paceos a night between 11am and 11pm. And get a room u...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 6, 2014

From the staff and the fantastic lockers to the huge beds and the ridiculous parties, Milhouse hostel is everything you could ever want in a party hostel. It is a bit pricey, but it's worth it for the convenience, fun and luxury compared to other hostels. Amazing location and the BEST people! Big shout out to Nachito, Mono, Pau and Mel!

Room Tip: Dorms are amazing, I personally prefer the 8 beds because the bathroom is guaranteed en-suite
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in Milhouse for 2 nights.
This was my third time in B.Aires buy my first time in Milhouse hostel.
And i just wanted to stay for a night to transfer to go to Iguazu at first. But i extended to stay longer :)

I prefer to stay in a dorm room but at this time, i stayed in private room cuz i was somewhat sick.
And the room was AWSOME!!
The interior of my room was like fancy boutique hotel :)
And the bed and toilet was extremely clean. Also, the bar and atmosphere of the hostel was also perfect.
For me, Loki hostel chain in Peru was always my best before i arrived this hostel. But now i would say Milhouse is better than loki or Argentino version of loki (but more clean and less horny lol )

If u find a nice hostel, i strongly recommend u to stay here!
I dunno abt dorm room but the private room was Perfect. Nothing to complain.

Thx for my good memory in B.Aires

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Puerto Madryn, Argentina
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Really big hostel, great atmosphere in the evenings and the staff are great for organising nights out in the city! Pau Siciliano was a great help for us, really friendly and helpful!! If you can afford definitely get a private room, they are excellent!

Room Tip: Private rooms are great!!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
beit nehemya
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Globaly milhouse is a great place, a lot of people at the lobby all the time, cheap drinks and food and a great team. I wanna recommend paula she is a really good worker which made our vacation much nicer!!

• Stayed January 2014
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Never trust a hostel that sells FAKE MONEY to guests!
I came from Brazil and changed all my money at the hostel. Some time later, I tryied to pay a taxi and I realized the 100 "pesos" the hostel had sold me wasnt original. (the taxi driver didn't change, me and 3 friends were watching)

The manager said (laughing) they could't do anything becouse i didn't see it at the time.

moreover,
very disgusting dirty dishes at the kitchen,
bed bugs,
people talking loud at the halls by 5am

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bianca A
Melina S, Manager at Milhouse Hostel Avenue, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear guest,

We welcome criticism and reviews of our guests as we believe they help us improve more and more every time. However, this time we firmly do not accept your accusation that we gave you fake money nor that the manager in charge laughed at you when you complaint about it. We repeatedly tried to explain to you that it is, unfortunately, a very common practice by taxi drivers in Buenos Aires to very swiftly change a good bill for a bad bill and tell people that the bill "they gave him" is fake. Taxi drivers do this all the time. We would NEVER EVER give a guest of ours a fake bill. This is definetely not the way we run business and let alone our philosophy of how to treat customes. So once again, we firmly reject your accusation and assure you, as we explained to you already here, that we did not give you any fake money and that most likely the same taxi driver who told you it was fake changed it himself. You can ask plenty of people who came to Argentina and, unfortunately, they will confirm taxi drivers do this.
As for the other angry comments you make, you know, with your hand in your heart, that there were no bedbugs at all (you stayed in a very pretty private room in fact) and that you are only saying this because you are angry.
However, I´m sorry if you did find some dirty dishes in the kitchen. We try all our guests wash the dishes after they cook, but we know that not everyone does it We do have a housekeeper looking after the kitchen but it is possible that you saw them before her. Sorry about this.
Kind Regards,