Milhouse Hostel Avenue
Melia Recoleta Plaza(Buenos Aires)(Great Value!)
$328
  • Breakfast included
NH Buenos Aires City(Buenos Aires)(Great Value!)
$78
  • Pool
Mine Hotel Boutique(Buenos Aires)
$148
  • Breakfast included
Hotel NH Buenos Aires Latino(Buenos Aires)(Great Value!)
$79
  • Breakfast included
Alvear Palace Hotel(Buenos Aires)
$364
$350
$689
$535
$136
  • Restaurant
Hilton Buenos Aires(Buenos Aires)
$279
$139
$134
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgreat partieswild roverprivate roomorganised activitieswalking tourmeet other travellerstop bunkla bocabed dormfootball matchsouth americastayed longerstayed here for nightscentral locationpartyinghipomacarena
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My sister and I stayed here twice over summer whilst we were on our travels around South America. We had a really great time, the staff are friendly, everyone is very sociable and it is really easy to make friends. The rooms are great, every room is clean and tidy and the facilities are great. When we returned two months later the staff even still remembered us which was a nice touch and made us feel even more welcome!

The only down side was that the first time, we lost our passports and were convinced that they had been stolen or accidentally picked up by someone in our dorm accidentally, so naturally we asked every member of staff and every friend we had made in there. It took us 3 days to get new emergency passports and cost us about £150 each, and after 3 days we returned to find out that the cleaner had picked them up by accident and had failed to hand them into reception.

I would also recommend to not stay longer than 4 or 5 nights as you can often get caught up inside the hostel and not manage to see any of the city! by our 6th night on our first visit we were quite sick of the same four walls - but this did not mean I wouldn't go back as we had a great time there!!

Room Tip: If you are starting off your trip I would advise to start in a private room, then maybe move into a dorm once you are settled in.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We booked a double room at the Millhouse Avenue Hostel in Buenos Aires for 3 nights while trying to save a bit of cash on our 3 month travels around South America.

While I am sure that the hostel is great for individuals who are looking to meet people and party, it is not one I would recommend for anybody over the age of about 23 that wants to have a more relaxed and authentic experience of Buenos Aires.

The hostel was a factory, clearly aimed at the Club 18-30s style holiday maker. When we arrived, the welcome was pleasant enough, but we were both aggrieved - at 30 years old - to be told we had to wear a bright blue festival style wrist band for the next 3 days to allow us in and out of the hostel.

We were then briefed by the staff on the rules of the hostel, that included not being late for check-out which would incur a charge for the full extra day. This was slightly irritating as when we returned at 2pm to check-in to our room, it was a twin room (we had booked a double), the cleaners were just going to work and it was clear that it wouldn't be ready for a while given the state it had been left in. When I spoke with the reception I was met with a very arrogant and dismissive response 'oh sorry mate, well get it sorted and make it into a double for you, come back in an hour or so'. I challenged them on the fact that I assumed this would just mean pushing the beds together, which it did.

At this point we decided to use that hour and find somewhere else to stay accepting the fact we would have to pay for the 3 nights at Millhouse in addition to the new hotel. I was happy to pay not to stay there and we booked into the Riva Lofts around the corner which was only slightly more expensive per night and much more appropriate for us.

Overall, the hostel will be ideal if you are looking for an English speaking, easy location to stay as a young individual that will enjoy the organised group activities and drinking games. If you are a bit older and want to enjoy a true Buenos Aires experience, avoid at all costs and stay around the corner instead!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MowgliVXR
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hostel for 2 nights after staying 3 nights in the Ritz hostel.
Therefore I can compare between the 2 hostel and the conclusion is go to the Ritz hostel!
Pros in the milhouse:
1.shower is good and the room is clean.
2. The building is renovated.
3. For party goers it might be a good hostels.

Cons in the milhouse:
1. No wifi and TV in the room- in the Ritz there is good wifi in the room and TV.
2. The wifi in the lobby is not working well, the connection fail frequentely, there 4 computers for general use, 1 wasn't working at all, in one the keyboard was bad, and in the other 2 computers the screens power cables were occasionally disconnect. An awfull experience for people who need internet.
3.there are no sockets available to europians plugs. It is the only hostel in argentina that I have been with no compatible plugs. In the ritz there are compatible sockets.
When I asked the reception for an adapter they would only sell it for 20 pesos! No borrowing policy.
4. The breakfast is ok, the breakfast in ritz is better and with more varaiety.
5. The price for this hostel is bit expensive for what it worse.

Recommendation:
The nearby( one block away) Ritz hostel is much better in price and value, and the service is great.
Unless you like parties you should't go to the milhouse hostel.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed September 20, 2013

If you are looking for a place to stay and party this is your place, tons of activities, helpful staff, great environment, love it!
the place was been cleaned all day long, the bar had a great variety and good prices

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I enjoyed everything about my stay here! We stayed in an 8 bedroom mixed dorm and they have there own ensuite! Its cleaned everyday, cleaners are of good sorts and they make ur bed if nothing is on it! We stayed 5 nights and 1 day they also did a full sanitise of the room.hige lockers too you can fit ur whole bag in.

Avenue is bigger and newer then hippo milhouse down the street, it is a party hostel but they alternate nights between the two hostels, parties are better at hippo so if thats what u are after i recommend staying at that one.

Avenue has a massive common room, pool table although we did not use the kitchen at all but food from the cabinet upstairs was cheap enough.

Staff are amazing as soon as we got there they were joking around with us and always more then happy to help and the guide who does all the walking tours is great company.bar staff are very generous with there pouring if u ask for it and when happy hour is on its 2 for 1.huge range of cocktails they make.

I went in thinking it was another party hostel and that maybe we should only stay for the weekend but its amazing, we would have stayed longer but it was all booked out! Maybe bring earplugs though :)

• Stayed: September 2013