“Milhouse experience”

Milhouse Hostel Avenue
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Milhouse was everything they said it would be....great service...legendary parties.......top of the line facilities and just a very well organised hostel..... Definitely appeals to the party goer but there are heaps of chill out zones as well.......Could recommend this to almost anyone that likes to party!!!! & or someone who is travelling alone and needs some help with what things they can do because the staff there organise alot of events so you wont be bored......Good luck and have fun!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Best hostel I have stayed in across South America. Everything from the hotel-esque cleanliness (and hot showers), to the parties and club nights 7 nights a week made it a brilliant place to stay. The staff were incredibly helpful and knowledgeable about BA but were also keen to get to know the guests. Loads of stuff to do during the day both organised by the hostel and generally taking place across BA. Cannot recommend it enough and while I absolutely loved BA, I can honestly say that my stay here would not have been complete without milhouse! 11/10

Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Milhouse hostel is so far one of the best hostels that I have ever stayed at. Rooms are large and comfortable. We got ourselves an ensuite room, bathroom was actually pretty good and clean. Location is the best, a couple of blocks from Casa Rosada at Avenida de Mayo, near metro station and taxi cabs (taxis are very cheap in argentina, I would recommend you to ride them everywhere) or you can just walk, the hostel is just some blocks from Av. 9 de Julio (main av). The only problem I had at Milhouse hostel was with some guys from the front desk, they were very rude once when we went laudry, they wanted to charge us twice the ordinary price, we sure refused to pay and they started to curse in spanish, but you know, stupid guys... they're everywhere. I'd definitely stay there again, If I went to BSAS.
One more thing, if you're not the party kind, avoid this hotel, parties happen pretty much every night.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 12, 2012

This hostel is cool and had a nice atmoshpere but after night 2 I noticed a bed bug on my sheet. If you see even one bedbug that means there are tons more where that came from. I reported it and they changed my bed, Then I woke up with more bites and my roommate had the bites also. They changed our matresses and cleaned the room but the bites were still coming. Now I am paraniod my whole trip around because of the bugs. Just watch out,,, Read about hostels before you stay in them because bedbugs never go away.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Melina S, Manager at Milhouse Hostel Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at Milhouse. We always appreciate receiving constructive comments which help us maintain and improve our standards as well as meet and exceed guest expectations.

I can assure you that this is not a common occurrence at the property. We have a strict fumigation policy every 2 weeks and we are very focused on cleaning. Unfortunately, however, many long distance buses our backpackers use to come to Buenos Aires have bed bugs in their bags compartments, so when they arrive in the hostel, no matter when we fumigated and how clean we keep our rooms, they carry the bedbugs with them, quickly spreading them in the room. We always try to anticipate this situation, fumigating often, hence preventing the spread of bedbugs in most cases. I´m very sorry that in spite of our efforts and small occurrence of this kind of problem, you did experience bed bugs while your stay with us. We will keep on working hard to prevent bedbugs, and, as you say in your review, provide a cool and fun experience!

With Kind Regards,
Melina

Reviewed June 8, 2012

Top quality staff, clean rooms, en-suite bathrooms, powerful hot shower, comfy beds, amazing social element, free wifi, cheap drinks and food, good location, good security, great people - nothing this hostel doesn't have. Would recommend it to everyone! Tip: ask for Paula Siciliano at reception, she's the best, we love her...10/10

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Straight to the point, a GAP sweater was stolen from me and the management couldn't care LESS. I went to the hostel to spend a week with my dad and my stepmother, and arrived there on a Saturday with the first night already paid. As the receptionist told us we could get better rates for money exchange on Monday, we asked if we could pay the rest of the nights on Monday, and she said it was okay. The next day when I was out, my sheets were taken, and my sweater was next to my pillow. They were NOT supposed to take them, because I warn them I would stay for the whole week. When I came to the reception, they promised me they would look for it. Then two days passed and no sweater was found.
Then I talked to the responsible manager (at least he was identified so), and he was very rude by saying it was my fault I didn't keep it in the locker. How about their fault by taking the sheets by mistake? I don't believe the roommates stole it from me, but I do believe the cleaners took it accidentally and washed it and BLEACHED it.
Apart from that, obviously there were good things about the hostel and other people from the staff. But this manager behavior really lit down every other thing.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mendesg
Reviewed April 18, 2012

This is easily the best hostel I've ever stayed in. I like to party and this was the perfect place to kick off my holiday to Argentina. Seha3 has done a good write up below and there is no point of repeating it, so I won't.

I went there with my girlfriend so I had to have a ensuite private room, which was large and clean. However whilst there I heard some horror stories from what was happening in the dorms (bed bugs, possible orgies etc) but that wasn't my experience. When I got back to BA I will definately be staying here for a few nights for as long as I can handle it.

Room Tip: Get an ensuite private. A little bit more money but you get to avoid other people's bad habbits.