“An unforgettable dining experience”
Review of Casa Coupage Room

Casa Coupage Room
Ranked #379 of 5,240 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Palermo
Description: This is not a closed door restaurant anymore but far and away the best restaurant experience I have had in South America.
Reviewed March 3, 2014

My wife & I visited Casa Coupage on 2 occasions, at the start & end of our holiday in Argentina. We elected to have the tasting menu twice but only had 3 wines the second time. We really appreciated the warm hospitality of Santiago & his staff, the delicious & sometimes surprising food, the superb choice of wines & the relaxed ambience created by the simply-decorated tables. Both visits were truly unforgettable dining experiences, which we will truly cherish for years to come.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

This restaurant was excellent in every way. From start to finish the staff/owners were very attentive. We had the 7 course tasting menu with wine parings. They provided 2 wines at a time so we could compare how they went with the various courses. It was interesting to see how the various courses paired with the different wines. Good value for the quality! I will be sure to return on my next trip to BA.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

To start with the good news: the (two) rooms of Casa Coupage are stark but tasteful and the wines offered are rather good. The owner (Santiago?) emphasises Argentinian wines and his suggestions are excellent. But everything from there was downhill. Service is exceedingly slow (and we are not proponents of fast food) and we also understand that cooked to order dishes take time, but given the limited choices and the quality of the food that eventually arrived, a major downer. The menu selections sounded intriguing when described, but upon arrival proved to be (at best) rather bland, tasteless and/or overcooked. By wife considered her "fried local fish" (halibut) inferior to a fish and chips joint in London and pork ribs were overcooked and dry. Service without a smile (except for the owner) seemed to be the motto. Avoid.

3  Thank plkmtk
Reviewed February 1, 2014

My mother and I enjoyed our meal at Casa Coupage from start to finish. All of the staff were knowledgable and friendly without being invasive. The food is delightful-- an unexpected blend of flavours and textures-- served in small portions which are perfectly sized given there are 8 of them in the tasting menu! Santiago, the sommelier, clearly knows his stuff without being pretentious or pushy. I did the tasting menu plus the 5-wine tasting, which I highly recommend. Keep in mind that Casa Coupage is generous on their first pour and they will refill your glass, so don't be afraid to take it slow if you have a low tolerance for alcohol. Overall this is one of the top three meals I've ever had, and for a total of 1,200 pesos for two people ($100 USD total at the current blue market rate of 12 pesos per dollar), it feels like a steal!

Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

The place was nice, but the food was extremelly good!! The price was according to the service. Of course the wine menu is by far the best one.