“memorable meal and setting”
Review of Casa Coupage Room

Casa Coupage Room
Ranked #333 of 4,798 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Palermo
Description: This is not a closed door restaurant anymore but far and away the best restaurant experience I have had in South America.
East Lansing, Michigan
“memorable meal and setting”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by a friend of a friend. It is what is called in Buenos Aires a closed restaurant, only open a few days a week and with no exterior signage. You find it , ring the doorbell and you are let in. It made me think that prohibition speakeasies must have been like that. We ordered off the regular menu because the tasting menu seemed to more food than we wanted. We had the meal with the wine pairings. The place is relatively small and appears to be the ground floor of a house with two dining rooms. The ambience is lovely without any pretensions. From the moment we entered the service was excellent. Our server said her English was not that good but she managed admirably, Our wines were selected by one of the owners who also is a sommelier. The food was easily the best we had during our week in Buenos Aires. My wife's lamb and my fish were both cooked perfectly. We felt that the prices were totally in line with the quality of food and service and lower than what we pay in the US for comparable restaurants. This is the place that I would definitely come back to if we return to Buenos Aires.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank pacaconn

Ottawa
“Great food, average service.”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I went for dinner here by myself after reading such great reviews. I must say that the food was excellent. Very well balanced dishes and a thoughtful progression through the tasting menu. I thought the wine would be the star given the servers are sommeliers. However, I found the win pairings to be average at best. Moreover, I had below average service. I'm pretty sure it's because I was by myself.

Although the food was good, there are much better choices in BA for a dining experience.

• Visited March 2012
New York
“Nothing Short of Spectacular!”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

WOW!!! I spent 3.5 weeks in Argentina and my meal at Casa Coupage was- by far- the best meal during my entire trip! Service was excellent, a welcomed relief after being totally neglected everywhere else in the country. I heeded online advice and booked a reservationl in advance of the trip, via email, 4 weeks before the day I wished to dine. Despite dining on a Saturday evening the restaurant evidenced plenty of availability when we arrived. If you are reluctant to inquire for a reservation so close to the night of dining- don't be! Email as soon as you know but if you don't know until the day of then email them anyway! As it turned out a party of 6 of our friends joined us for dinner after obtaining a reservation the night we dined!

The space is very quiet, good for elderly people or couples. The building is unmarked so you must know the address.

We elected to do the tasting menu and 7 wine degustation with coffees and dessert drinks afterwards. Our bill was AR$1400 for two people... definitely the most expensive purchase we made during our trip but it was quite a treat!

Details of our meal:
Appertif Wine: Uco Valley Espumante
Appetizer: White corn gnocchi w/ fresh and roasted tomato
Soup Course: Melon soup with mint ice, apples and scallops
Starter: Beef tenderloin carpaccio stuffed with tuna cream aside a caper churro and pears
Paella: Octopus, fried mussels, squid stuffed with onion topped with lemon foam and romesco sauce
Main 1; White fish, shrimp, fig pastry, tomato and purple basil
Main 2: Beef, creole purée, salsa of onion/orange/fennel
Cheese Course (all EU recipes made in AR): Brie, parm, blue, chutney, candied walnuts and breads
Pre Dessert: Lemon cloud with orange granita and mint
Dessert: homemade graham cracker, kiwi, blueberry, coriander yogurt foam, Spanish flan

7 Wine Degustation (all from AR): Espumante, Torrontes, Viognier, Chardonnay, Salentein Malbec, Altocedro Tempranillo, Bousquet

• Visited January 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Fantastic dinner recommended to me by a local expat”
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Dinner was great, wine excellent. People complain about the prices but for the food and experience I would and have paid more. Service was the best we had in the city, if you do come across a glass of wine you find fantastic, ask the guys if you can buy it direct from them, they get great wine that you will not find in the shops. Of everywhere we ate in Bs As this is where I would be certain to come back.

“wonderful experience”
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

service was great. food combinations were delightful. the wine flowed and they did a wonderful job of pairing with each course. not cheap, but also not over the top... 2 people were about 900 pesos with tip. yes it is more than your avg restaurant, but this is also WELL above the avg of BA. If you are looking for some unique food combinations and friendly service in a comfortable setting... it is worth a checking this out.

1 Thank david l